Fantasy Cat. 11 or Cat 12..opinions needed

Jolie

:confused: Okay...I know we all have different opinions, and that is why I am turning to you all!

Which is better>>>On the Fantasy>>>

Category 11 (Balcony Suite on Verandah Deck---high up on the ship) or Category 12 (Larger Room and Balcony, but only on the Upper Deck which I think is pretty low to the ground)???

Please give me some opinions. As always, I appreciate you all!

My thoughts: I would never spend the extra money for a cat 11 on a Fantasy Class ship. The "balconies" (not much more than a glorified ledge at 25 sq ft) are not at all private, and several have restricted views due to placement of the lifeboats. I would definitely opt for the cat 12 on the 'Fantasy Class if "ya just gotta have that balcony; nice large PRIVATE balcony and the cabin is very spacious.

My thoughts: I would never spend the extra money for a cat 11 on a Fantasy Class ship. The "balconies" (not much more than a glorified ledge at 25 sq ft) are not at all private, and several have restricted views due to placement of the lifeboats. I would definitely opt for the cat 12 on the 'Fantasy Class if "ya just gotta have that balcony; nice large PRIVATE balcony and the cabin is very spacious.

ditto, fortunately the two times I did a bal gty, I ended up in a cat 12. Cruzman is so right about the lack of privacy. Stairs go right next to the first two "balconies" on each side.

We had a cat 12 on the fantasy last year. Its the way to go big cabin ,big balcony . How many folks in your group.

There are only two of us, but we have always enjoyed being up high on the ship. However, it sounds as if the majority of you would take the Category 12, even though it is much lower to the ground. Can anyone tell me about the privacy issues on the Category 11??

Thanks!

We had a cat 12 on the fantasy last year. Its the way to go big cabin ,big balcony . How many folks in your group.

There are only two of us, but we have always enjoyed being up high on the ship. However, it sounds as if the majority of you would take the Category 12, even though it is much lower to the ground. Can anyone tell me about the privacy issues on the Category 11??

Thanks!

Here are some pictures of the cat 11 balconies. These were taken from a public area near the bow of the ship.

2092688777_Fantasy2006036(Medium).jpg.0fa2f8be2dfe6d486a86a7d678298b58.jpg

899669713_Fantasy2006034(Medium).jpg.9c71251be355e50b8496bd6806ecb6c3.jpg

1882336655_Fantasy2006035(Medium).jpg.5a4740c24db151b149e18cf90b9a74cf.jpg

:confused: Okay...I know we all have different opinions, and that is why I am turning to you all!

Which is better>>>On the Fantasy>>>

Category 11 (Balcony Suite on Verandah Deck---high up on the ship) or Category 12 (Larger Room and Balcony, but only on the Upper Deck which I think is pretty low to the ground)???

Please give me some opinions. As always, I appreciate you all!

Lawd Geezoo people!

Again!

Jolie...

I sail in Fantasy Class Category 11s and 12s all the time.

They are both good for different reasons.

I choose Category 11s a lot, especially if I'm in a "couple" situation...

I'm going to give you two different threads/links to check on here, read through those (it will give you a more informed idea/pictures/reviews/etc.) then it will help you decide what is best for your goals or plans for your cruise...

It's not all about the balcony (because you get a balcony although different with both), but also location.

I'll answer more later, but in the meantime, please check both of these links:

Fantasy Class Category 11:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868

Fantasy Class Category 12:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6392925#post6392925

Hopefully this helps a bit more specifically with your planning...

CJW

:D

We had a cat 11 on Fascination. The location was excellent!!! We seemed to be near everything!!!

Read CJW's links. He is the king of all things Cat 11 and 12.

P.S. Some photos of our Fascination cabin are in my photo link below.

We love the Cat 11 on The Fantasy Class ship. ALways pick the same cabin. We love being high up on the ship and it is very quiet and private. The reason we choose the paticular cabin we do, is that there is no one across the hall from us, and no one on one side of us, so it is always been very quiet and private. We have never had a problem with people staring into our cabin from the outside. The few people that walk up and down the sairs, usually just say "hello" but they are very courteous and have never stood and tried to stare into our cabin. One reason it seems to be so quiet and private is there are only a total of 34 suites on that deck and I think they go pretty quick.

Here are some pictures of the cat 11 balconies. These were taken from a public area near the bow of the ship.

Oh my! Your pictures say a thousand words! The balconies on Cat 11 really aren't all that private, are they? Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing those! You all are right, I will try for Cat 12.:p

When I booked my Cat 12 a few months ago, I read through all of Curt's links and decided that the Cat 12 was the best way for us to go.

There is alot of great info in those threads. And it would be best for you to check out all of the available info and then decide.

Lawd Geezoo people!

Again!

I sail in Fantasy Class Category 11s and 12s all the time.

They are both good for different reasons.

CJW

:D

CJW,

Thanks for the information. I had already read through your links this past week, but I wanted some more thoughts. We always cruise in a balcony room, mini suite, and our last cruise in a penthouse suite in Hawaii...however, this time we booked a balcony room since Cat 12's were already booked up. However, some Cat 12's have opened up in availability and I just wanted to know if people were bothered being so low down on the ship. My husband enjoys being high up on the ship, but I like space!

We are trying to compromise. Thanks again for sharing all of your information! I appreciate people like you!

Archived