Parking at miami port

maoffive

My husband and I are cruising on the Victory 4/22/07. He is worried about finding the port of Miami, parking and getting to the ship. We are going on the cruise to de-stress and he doesn't need anything to worry about! Any tips or info on navigating the port and parking would be appreciated!

Thanks so much!

He'll have no problem. Signs everywhere (and you'll see the ships when you get near the shore).

One suggestion. Drop your luggage (not your carry ons) off with the porters before parking. Easy to do and then you won't have to carry it back to the lot. At debarkation, use a porter out of the terminal. You'll bypass a very long line of people, get to the front of the line at Customs, and the porter will bring your luggage directly to your car. A great value for a few bucks!

Enjoy your cruise.

you should be prepared to pay cash for parking on arrival ..... for some reason some garages take CC and some don't. I believe the garage closest to CARN' terminals is cash only....

http://www.miamidade.gov/portofmiami/directions.asp

http://members.cox.net/bjokeefe/MiamiMap.doc

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&q=miami,+fl&z=14&ll=25.780107,-80.181055&spn=0.034161,0.084801&t=k&*****=0

the garages on Dodge Island (the port) may be the safest in Miami given the new port security regulations....

Parking at the Port of Miami is a breeze. They have two garages and many open air lots to choose from. Last time I parked there, I was practically right across the street from where the ship was docked. Just a point of info......

if you happen to have a "disabled parking permit", you park FREE of charge.

Just have your tag displayed on your rear view mirror and they will hand you a form to fill out. ;)

Thanks everyone for the quick response. My husband feels alot better about driving. We are only 4 hrs away but staying at the holiday inn near the port a day early- just to make sure we are there on time!

Thanks Again!

Howard6933 - when were you there last that it was free for handicapped? We also did that about 3 years ago but we've been told that it is no longer the policy. Would simplify our lives if it still is.

Jim :)

Howard6933 - when were you there last that it was free for handicapped? We also did that about 3 years ago but we've been told that it is no longer the policy. Would simplify our lives if it still is.

Jim :)

We were there Thanksgiving week 2006, and it was fre then. Hope this helps. Have a nice cruise.

Archived