STAR cabin pics that sleeps 4, anyone?

Mateo

My wife and I are taking our 6 and 9 yr old to Alaska August 11. I'm having trouble finding pictures of an outside cabin that sleeps 4. I'm curious about how the cabin is configured. Nothiing on the NCL site. Thanks in advanced.

My wife and I are taking our 6 and 9 yr old to Alaska August 11. I'm having trouble finding pictures of an outside cabin that sleeps 4. I'm curious about how the cabin is configured. Nothiing on the NCL site. Thanks in advanced.

Is yours a mini-suite, or an ocean view?

I am assuming that it will be like the Pearl which we sailed 3/16. The setup will be exactly as Shoreguy has in his post, except instead of the mirror, it will be a window. Luckily for us, my inlaws had the adjoining room, so my 8yo slept in their room on the bunk, leaving our 18yo in the bunk in our room.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with the room in the cabin. If you push the two twins totally against the wall (away from the bunk) it then provides storage for luggage or whatever. Must luggage will fit under the bed and there is ample hanging and drawer space. LOVE the bathroom with sliding doors on both the shower and toilet! We were in room 5512, so I am sure that you will have the same setup. Please ask if you have additional questions.

Enjoy...we sure did!

We just got back from the Star and had 4 in a inside cabin. The first night the stewart set the room up so that the two normal beds were on the outsides and the fold away one came up in the middle. My 4 year old daughter went to bed under the bunk and my wife crawled into the other outside one. I went to bed on the one in the middle. I thought to myself wow these beds are not very soft. In the morning I rolled over onto my wifes bed and WOW was it ever comfortable:) We asked the room stewert to change the configuration so that the two good beds would be together and the cot/fold away would be under the bunk.

We always had a small space between out 2 beds don't know if this is normal or if they normally put on some type of topper to elliminate this?

OH MY GAWD! We have one of these cabins in June and I don't know how we are going to make it work? Too late now as there aren't many options for 4 guests in one room.

It will be me (36F), my 80 yr old father who has restless leg syndrome and gets up frequently during the night, my 14 yr old 6 foot tall son and my 11 yr old 5 1/2 foot tall son. Boy are we going to be cozy and fatigued after 7 nights of sleeping together.

Learned my lesson and will stick with cruise lines in the future that comfortably sleep 4 in one cabin!!!

I have been on almost every cruise line and without getting at least a suite most cruise ships simply dont have cabins to acomidate 4 people "comfortably" the cabins are built for two people and possibly one child beyond that it becomes an adventure. And dont forget while cruise lines may use different ship builders the cabins themselves are made by a few companies for all of the different lines so while they may be set up differently due to cruise line desighn specs they are all about the same size regardless of cruise line.

Archived