Up, down, over, and around??

Lefty888

How easy is it to navigate thru the Valor and same ships? I think it's the Conquest fleet. Looking on the ship map, you'd think you can just walk from one end to the other. I sailed the Destiny a few years ago and got lost CONSTANTLY. Trying to find the dining rooms was almost impossible, even though they were in the same place every night:o .

We had to go down a hall, up the stairs...walk thru the danceclub...take the elevator to the roof..slide down the pool slide..and then back down the stairs...up to the fire escape..jump in a life raft...take that back around to the side...through the double doors and VOILA....finally the dining room just in time for dessert. :rolleyes:

Actually, the Conquest class ships are pretty much like the Destiny only bigger. You cannot walk all the way from one end of the ship to the other on the Lobby deck (and maybe Atlantic?) because the galley is between the two dining rooms. We had the same issue on Triumph, Victory and Glory, but once we got used to it (and knew where we were going!) it was no big deal.

From your cabin, just go straight down until you reach the midship elevators etc.
That works great if you go straight to the dining room from your cabin. We only had to go up, over, then back down again if we were dressed early and were somewhere else on the ship when it was time for dinner. It wasn't that big of a deal; we got it figured out pretty fast. (I have an easier time getting around on those ships than I did on the Legend -- and those decks go all the way through!) :p

On Valor and Liberty (so I would imagine all the conquest class ships) decks 5 and nine (Promenade and Lido, respectively) go all the way through. I agree, though, the placements of the dining rooms can be confusing! Especially if you've had a couple fufu's. . .:o

Archived