Getting to the Pier

We are a family group of 7 doing a Western Caribbean cruise on May 20ieth on the Mariner of the Seas. We are staying at an Orlando airport hotel which we booked through Royal Caribbean for a pre-night stay. They tell us that a bus will pick us up at our hotel to bring us to Port Canaveral the day of the cruise. In the past. we've gotten the prenight on our own and got to the pier at our convenience (ususally early to get the lay of the ship). My concern is that we won't arrive that early with them getting us there. I'd rather go back to Orlando International to get the bus early, but they say we can't. Any one done it their way before, being at their mercy, and how early did they pick you up? Thanks for any replies!!! :cool:

You don't have to get on the RCCL bus. You can get to the port anyway you want to. Just remember you have already paid for their transportation.

We had transportation through them in Ft. Lauderdale. We found that the shuttle from the hotel left much earlier. We signed up for that shuttle and were at the port much earlier than the RCCL pick up.

It is your choice.

If you decide to get a car and go, just get on the Beachline (Toll Hwy 528), that is a straight shop out to Port Canaveral. Once there, just follow the signs to the cruise terminal. From the airport, pending any traffic hiccups, it should take about an hour.

We are going on the Mariner in June and are flying in the night before our cruise. We are staying in Cocoa Beach at the Marriott Residence Inn and are either taking the hotel's shuttle in the morning to the pier or a taxi. We are using Art's Shuttle to take us to and from the airport. We have never used them before but have read only good reviews and found them very professional and helpful when I have spoken to them. For my family of 3, it is $70 each way. Just looked at their website and for 7 it would be $110 each way. Their website is www.artsshuttle.com and as I said, I haven't used them yet but have read a lot in the homeport forum about them.

Archived