Carnival now prohibits bringing non-alcoholic beverages onboard

EMess

vegas green

Ever wondered why its Health and Safety rules that EVERY cruise ship which enters a USA port MUST have a totally stainless steel kitchen ?

As another poster said

"dont like soda out of cans....too many metallic tasting drinks "

Like I said "ignorance is bliss" just do not say you were not warned when the results of Aluminium poisoning hit you

Actually, the reason there are health and safety regulations requiring stainless steel in commercial kitchens has nothing to do with aluminum specifically. The reason they require it is that stainless steel is one of the most hygienic surfaces for the preparation of foods and is very easy to clean. The surface is rather unique in that it has no pores or cracks to harbor dirt, grime or bacteria. Also, it will not affect flavor, as it does not react with acidic foods during food preparation or cooking. Its also a great material from the kitchen owner's standpoint, as it has a useful life expectancy of over 100 years, and it is totally recyclable.

If you are as knowledgeble as you profess to be, you might want to try helping to educate those you consider less worthy instead of flaming them. After all, I thought exchanging information is why we were here!

For many it may well be the booze thats at issue

For others its the danger that Aluminum poses to health

a simple Google search on Aluminium poisoning will tell you all you need

2 years ago there was just one site

today theres 2000 hits ............that tells a story of its own

I wonder if this is all about money or if there is another reason - controlling underaged drinking and overdrinking. There has been a lot of bad press and incidents in the cruise industry over the last couple of years, and I suspect quite a bit can be traced to people overindulging in smuggled booze. Especially the underaged spring break crowd.
Buddy, it's probably a bit of both, what corporate types would call a, "Win-win". Actually, it's, "We win - we win," but I think you get my point.

I feel sure that this has a lot to do with the vodka in the water bottle trick and the Jim Beam in the coke bottle trick. Face it; it's the booze that's at issue.

These are not "tricks". Rather they are well refined skills. I, for one, cannot imagine being on a ship without the Captian (Morgan that is).

For many it may well be the booze thats at issue

For others its the danger that Aluminum poses to health

a simple Google search on Aluminium poisoning will tell you all you need

2 years ago there was just one site

today theres 2000 hits ............that tells a story of its own

yet somehow we've all survived just fine for all these years... amazing. I don't know how we did it. All along, those Coke cans in my fridge were waiting to kill me, and I somehow won this life-long battle of Russian roulette... whew.

Vegas Green ........you may well have so far been lucky

however you do not know whats lurking round the corner to catch up with you nor do you know when but that is no reason to belittle those who do have a problem with smoking or aluminium or hay fever or chemicals or whatever

Until such time as science and research catches up with true reality and proves cause and effect one can only cope with what you have

Smoking causes Lung Cancer in x % of people

x % of people get Cancer

x% of people get Alzheimers etc etc

meanwhile avoiding known allergens, irrtitants, toxins and poisons is a sensible way forward but that should not mean those who are unable to tolerate smoke should be denied being able to cruise because selfish inconsiderate smokers rule the roost

Having just returned from the March 17th, Spring Break, cruise on the Star, I was shocked at the number of drunk young adults (17+ I'm guessing) all over the ship, from afternoon through to late at night. I overheard my next door neighbour on his cell phone bragging about loading all his non-alcoholic bottles with booze because it was such a drag that Princess wouldn't sell him drinks. This goes on a lot, and because people seem to fall/jump overboard after excessive amounts of alcohol, Carnival is trying to protect themselves. And yes, they will make more money as a result.

It's too bad that it has come to this, but expect PRincess to follow suit shortly.

And before anyone calls me a party pooper, my husband and I did our fair share of responsible drinking onboard and enjoyed our cruise a lot ;)

Bring on empty bottles and fill them before you go on your excursions. The water from tap on board is certainly drinkable.

On a brighter note, at this point it's not been banned from Princess, right -- only Carnival?

That is a good idea. I was going to bring a case of water, as we will need it on our excursions in June. Can we bring a water bottle off ship into cozumel, grand cayman, and ocho rios? I have heard stories about banned foods in the ports.

Carly

Stay calm, folks.

Stash it in your checked luggage.

Cruise lines have bigger fish to fry than going through EVERY piece of checked luggage looking for six-packs of Diet Pepsi.

MJ

Apparently Celebrity IS going through EVERY piece of checked luggage now.

That is a good idea. I was going to bring a case of water, as we will need it on our excursions in June. Can we bring a water bottle off ship into cozumel, grand cayman, and ocho rios? I have heard stories about banned foods in the ports.

Carly

"Banned foods" you realize water is not banned anywhere in the world don't you??

You do understand that banned food is not all food, but any vegatable, fruit, diary , or meat product, this is the prevent the spread of any diseases or pests that such item can harbour.

You are welcome to bring chips, candy etc off the ship with you.

Water is not even an issue. Of course the cruise line would LIKE you to BUY bottles of water they will try and sell you as you disembark, use your noodle and just say no, water is available at any store in town or port and cheaper there too.

If Carnival corp are going to ban folk bringing their own bottles of Coke / 7 up etc onboard they had better face the fact that nasty aluminium cans are poisonous and that many people are allergic to aluminium

You really ought to get out more.

It is very enlightening, especially about the facts on aluminum.

Mike

:)

Archived