Dream 'Texaribbean' - a few questions

bobby_tee

Hi. We are leaving on the Dream for the Western Carib Saturday. If any one can chime in on these questions, much appreciated!

1- We'll get into Houston early Saturday. Ship leaves at 4. What's the earliest we can board ship? Does anyone know if there is any place to hang out or visit near the terminal in La Porte?

2- I know there are internet packages available. If I bring a wireless laptop does that require a paid package?

3- Ports are Progreso, Cozumel, and Belize City. We have plans for snorkeling, sightseeing, and beach. My kids really want to do jet skis. Any recommendations?

Any other tips are very welcome. Thanks!

Hi. We are leaving on the Dream for the Western Carib Saturday. If any one can chime in on these questions, much appreciated!

1- We'll get into Houston early Saturday. Ship leaves at 4. What's the earliest we can board ship? Does anyone know if there is any place to hang out or visit near the terminal in La Porte?

Not very close by... you can read alot of my reccomdations on this thread. Please note, that we sailed on the infamous "Delayed by Fog" cruise, so we had a LOT of time spent waiting at the truck stop by the port.

2- I know there are internet packages available. If I bring a wireless laptop does that require a paid package?

Yes, you can bring a wireless laptop. The internet is available (for a fee) in the louges on 9 and 10 (starboard side, I think) you will need to read the FAQ page to figure out how to send outbound email if you use outlook or a similar mail program.

1) Around 11:00 AM, probably.

2) Yes

3) No experience with jet skis, but the families with us had a good time cavetubing in Belize. Look for the cavetubing.com bus just outside the terminal. $45 per person. Longer float than others, and really good guides. Highly recommended.

3- Ports are Progreso, Cozumel, and Belize City. We have plans for snorkeling, sightseeing, and beach. My kids really want to do jet skis. Any recommendations?

Any other tips are very welcome. Thanks!

You can get to the port as early as about 10:30 or so, they will start boarding about 11:30. No, there really isn't much to do around the port, but if you get to LaPorte really early you may just want to walk around a little before heading to the ship dock itself which is removed from the little town a bit.

Yes, you can use your laptop; cost, I have no idea.

I really don't know the best place for Jet skiing, probably Cozumel. I assume you will be snorkeling in Belize. It will be hard for you to do both in one day. NMnita

We got on the boat around 11am.

We went to SanFransisco Beach in Cozumel. We did the jet skis there.

55$per 1/2hour. Paradise Beach also has them right next door. Good luck!

Rob

NCL Dream 2/07

we got to the port at noon on 3/10 and was on the boat in a matter of 20 minutes.

i took my laptop, and the webpage that presents when you connect to their wireless signal is the same pre payment page that you get when you sign on in the internet cafe. The rates for the internet packages are a bit steep, but if you can wait until later in the week, then drop in price quite a bit.

can't help you on the jet ski's...we also did the cavetubing.com tour in belize, had a great time.

have fun on your trip, my wife, myself and 2 teenage sons had a blast on this trip....

Archived