Luggage storage after cruise until flight

janniebabe

We had a 9pm flight the day we got off the ship, and wanted to do some sight seeing on our own of Oahu. We took the shuttle to the airport at about 8:30am. United Airlines let us check our bags in as soon as we got there. Our bags arrived home safe with us.

I read somewhere on these boards that the luggage storage at the port wasn't available anymore. Anyone off of a recent cruise know any update on this?:cool:

Just off the Pride of Aloha last Sunday, Luggage storage is available at the Pier, there is a booth set up, the cost is $5.00 per suitcase to store item for the day.

This is from a notice received on the cruise, I also saw a line where people were checking their luggage.

• 2 weeks later...
We had a 9pm flight the day we got off the ship, and wanted to do some sight seeing on our own of Oahu. We took the shuttle to the airport at about 8:30am. United Airlines let us check our bags in as soon as we got there. Our bags arrived home safe with us.

Victorian,

How did you get to the airport? Did you use your NCL voucher? Or did you rent a car?

If you rented a car who did you use and where?

Hi,

if u click on NCL.com, it'll tell u about this, it's said if u fly with United,Delta & american u be able to check ur luggage $20 p.p ( 2 luggages p.p) it mean u will pay $10 per piece up to 4 .the form to fill out will be in your stateroom and give to them no later than thursday, they will take ur luggage the night before and give u boarding pass, i am sailing on 4/16 POH will u this service

Thank you.

But we will do as the previous poster stated we will go to the airport ourselves and check our own luggage in with United.

There is no need for us to pay NCL to do the same thing, since there will be 4 of us with several pieces of luggage.

We are trying to see what we want to do after we take the luggage to the airport. Rent a car and tour on our own or book a tour.

We just got off the NCL PoAm 2 days ago and used EasyFly. They picked up our bags as usual (outside stateroom by 1am) and we didn't see them again until baggage claim in Atlanta. Worked great, I highly recommend this service.

You qualify for this if you flight out is before midnight on the same day your cruise ends.

Thank you.

But we will do as the previous poster stated we will go to the airport ourselves and check our own luggage in with United.

There is no need for us to pay NCL to do the same thing, since there will be 4 of us with several pieces of luggage.

We are trying to see what we want to do after we take the luggage to the airport. Rent a car and tour on our own or book a tour.

I think the EasyFly luggage program is worth the $20.00 per person. Why go to the airport twice? HNL has agriculture screening in addition to baggage screening, which means everyone has to stand in lines twice. The lines get really long when tour bus loads of people show up all at once. I think I'd rather enjoy Hawaii for the extra hour or two.

I think the EasyFly luggage program is worth the $20.00 per person. Why go to the airport twice? HNL has agriculture screening in addition to baggage screening, which means everyone has to stand in lines twice. The lines get really long when tour bus loads of people show up all at once. I think I'd rather enjoy Hawaii for the extra hour or two.

I agree with npeters. Also, don't forget that if you're going to do this yourself, you have to wait for NCL to take your luggage off the ship, and then you have to find it, haul it outside the cruise terminal, find a cab/shuttle, etc. Using EasyFly, we got off the ship at 8:30 and were at Hertz by 8:45am!

Also, it's important to know that many of the car rental shuttles from the pier only go the the respective agency's Ala Moana location (2 minutes from the pier), NOT to the airport.

We reserved a car with Hertz at the airport location prior to the cruise. When we got to the Hertz shuttle at the port, the driver said he only goes from the pier to the Ala Moana location, but told me I should get on the shuttle. Surprisingly, Hertz had my car ready for me at Ala Moana! I don't know how they knew, because I didn't book it via NCL or tell them I was on a cruise. Anyway, I was in Waikiki by 9:15 and returned the car to the airport before my flight. This easily saved me 2 hrs.

My point is... you spent a lot of dough for the cruise -- go ahead and spend the $20 or $40 for EasyFly and enjoy your last few hours in Hawaii -- it's well worth it!!

Do you need to arrange for Easy Fly in advance?

We have a 3:30 pm same day flight out of Honolulu- would we have time to go right to Arizona Memorial and see it before going to airport?

You sign up for EasyFly while you're on the ship. There should be info about it in your stateroom -- if not, they have the form at reception.

You should have plenty of time to see the Arizona Memorial, especially if you get off the ship right away (8-8:30a). Keep in mind that you'll probably have to wait a while at the memorial itself. I believe NCL has an end-of-cruise excursion that takes you to the memorial, and then to the airport, so depending on the price that may work perfectly for you.

-Mike

Thank you all so much for the help!!! I'm really happy that we can do the Easy Fly from the PofAm!!!!

Our flight leaves at 3:30pm. We want to go to Waikiki beach and then just do some shopping or walk around town. Should we rent a car or take the bus? or ??? Then what is the best way to get to the airport?

Thanks again in advance!!

Our flight leaves at 3:30pm. We want to go to Waikiki beach and then just do some shopping or walk around town. Should we rent a car or take the bus? or ??? Then what is the best way to get to the airport?

Thanks again in advance!!

We reserved a car from Hertz, and took the Hertz shuttle right when we got off the ship (the shuttle will take you to the Ala Moana location, as it will for most rental companies, which is only 2 minutes away). We used the car to go to Waikiki, get some food for the long plane ride, etc. We then returned the car at the airport before our flight. The car was only $29 including taxes, so it's hard to beat as an option.

We bought some souveniers while on Waikiki, so we ended up stopping at Fedex/Kinko's on the way to the airport to package the stuff in a box, and then we checked the box when we got to the airport... another nice reason to have the flexibility of a car!

Re: EasyFly -- be aware that you can only check up to 2 bags per person.

-Mike

We reserved a car from Hertz, and took the Hertz shuttle right when we got off the ship (the shuttle will take you to the Ala Moana location, as it will for most rental companies, which is only 2 minutes away). We used the car to go to Waikiki, get some food for the long plane ride, etc. We then returned the car at the airport before our flight. The car was only $29 including taxes, so it's hard to beat as an option.

We bought some souveniers while on Waikiki, so we ended up stopping at Fedex/Kinko's on the way to the airport to package the stuff in a box, and then we checked the box when we got to the airport... another nice reason to have the flexibility of a car!

Re: EasyFly -- be aware that you can only check up to 2 bags per person.

-Mike

Thanks Mike, you've been so helpful!!! Did you rent your car with any special online site? We've rented a car on Maui through Thrifty. I think you received a better price than we got. Did you have any problem with parking on Waikiki or anywhere else?

Barbara

Thanks Mike, you've been so helpful!!! Did you rent your car with any special online site? We've rented a car on Maui through Thrifty. I think you received a better price than we got. Did you have any problem with parking on Waikiki or anywhere else?

Barbara

I rented via the Hertz website. I'm a Gold member, and I do get a corporate discount (but only 10%). Maybe that's the difference...?

Parking was not a problem in Waikiki -- but it's not free either. We parked at a hotel right on the beach, so it was a little pricey per hour (but we weren't there very long). I think if you park a few blocks off the beach it'll be cheaper.

I rented via the Hertz website. I'm a Gold member, and I do get a corporate discount (but only 10%). Maybe that's the difference...?

Parking was not a problem in Waikiki -- but it's not free either. We parked at a hotel right on the beach, so it was a little pricey per hour (but we weren't there very long). I think if you park a few blocks off the beach it'll be cheaper.

Thanks! I guess I can rent it with the intention of returning it to the airport. Our flight is at 3:30pm. How early do you think we should be to the airport?

Thanks! I guess I can rent it with the intention of returning it to the airport. Our flight is at 3:30pm. How early do you think we should be to the airport?

No later than 1:30 pm. You have to go through ag check and well as the regular check in (and security, of course). An FYI, you must go through the ag check and get the stickers on your checked bags before you can check in and check your bags. If you use curbside check in, they take care of both ag check and the regular luggage check in. However, they also have a fee per bag for this service (rather than leaving it up to you to tip).

HNL is a very, very busy airport, so don't assume that you can get there at the last minute and make it on time for your flight. The TSA security check for pax and carryon can have lines as long as 30 minutes or more.

beachchick

No later than 1:30 pm. You have to go through ag check and well as the regular check in (and security, of course). An FYI, you must go through the ag check and get the stickers on your checked bags before you can check in and check your bags. If you use curbside check in, they take care of both ag check and the regular luggage check in. However, they also have a fee per bag for this service (rather than leaving it up to you to tip).

HNL is a very, very busy airport, so don't assume that you can get there at the last minute and make it on time for your flight. The TSA security check for pax and carryon can have lines as long as 30 minutes or more.

beachchick

We will be using the Easy Fly so we won't have bags to check, but will still get to the airport 2 hours ahead...thanks for the info.

We will be using the Easy Fly so we won't have bags to check, but will still get to the airport 2 hours ahead...thanks for the info.

I think that the Easy Fly option sounds great. Seems like it would be $20 well spent not to have to fuss with anything at the airport. If you'll already have your boarding passes, you could probably plan on arriving 90 minutes before your flight and be fine because your luggage will already be taken care of. If you're planning on having pineapple delivered to the airport for take home, then you will need to be there the full 2 hours in advance to go through the ag check and bag check. (A box or two of pineapple does not count toward your checked bags maximum. Also, the smaller carry on boxes of pineapple you can buy after going through security do not count toward your carry on maximum--unless you tried to carry on more than a couple of boxes.)

beachchick

I think that the Easy Fly option sounds great. Seems like it would be $20 well spent not to have to fuss with anything at the airport. If you'll already have your boarding passes, you could probably plan on arriving 90 minutes before your flight and be fine because your luggage will already be taken care of. If you're planning on having pineapple delivered to the airport for take home, then you will need to be there the full 2 hours in advance to go through the ag check and bag check. (A box or two of pineapple does not count toward your checked bags maximum. Also, the smaller carry on boxes of pineapple you can buy after going through security do not count toward your carry on maximum--unless you tried to carry on more than a couple of boxes.)

beachchick

Thank you so much for your information!! We already have Hawaiin pinneapple plants growing in our backyard after friends of ours brought pinneapples back from Hawaii. They are wonderful and we would surely have wanted to bring some back if we didn't already have them!! (in fact the pinneapples are on right now and we will be enjoying picking them from the plants when we return from Hawaii!!!):D

I've been on the NCL website but cannot get any details to come up about Easy Fly. Is the info with you initial cruise paperwork? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.:rolleyes:

I found the Easy Fly info on the NCL site...I think it is in Q&A maybe??? I can't remember where I found it..but it also says that you can only use it if you disembark on a Monday and that is not the case as I read a post from someone that just used the Easy Fly last week and did it on a Saturday. I guess you need to sign up a couple of days in advance on the ship..I intend to do this the first day on as I don't want to forget to do it!!

Archived