Pool questions

lawyerrose

Officially, all the pools and hot tubs, at least on the Caribbean Princess, are closed by midnight. Actually, Neptune closes at about 5:30 pm, to prepare for Movies Under the Star.

What we found on our recent cruise on the Caribbean Princess, however, is that the staff is eager to get the nets on and the pools closed. At about 11:35 one night, while my wife and I were enjoying the hot tub near the ship's aft (just under the Skywalker), a couple staffers, after throwing the nets over the Terrace Pool and the smaller pool just next to us, tried to scoot us away. The guy was kind enough to look at his watch and say "Okay" almost apologetically when I told him, "I thought the pools close at midnight."

If you're like me and enjoy late-night swims, you'll be disappointed. I'd give Princess alot of kudos if they could at least leave one pool open 24 hrs.

-Steven

If you're like me and enjoy late-night swims, you'll be disappointed. I'd give Princess alot of kudos if they could at least leave one pool open 24 hrs.

-Steven

All other lines close their pools much earlier, so Princess does the best job in this department.

I agree that Princess's pools get two-thumbs up both for their hours and having fresh water vs. salt. When we sailed on the Grand the covered pool was open all night long. And oddly you could walk by there and find people in it at all hours? Who swims at 3am?

Officially, all the pools and hot tubs, at least on the Caribbean Princess, are closed by midnight. Actually, Neptune closes at about 5:30 pm, to prepare for Movies Under the Star.

What we found on our recent cruise on the Caribbean Princess, however, is that the staff is eager to get the nets on and the pools closed. At about 11:35 one night, while my wife and I were enjoying the hot tub near the ship's aft (just under the Skywalker), a couple staffers, after throwing the nets over the Terrace Pool and the smaller pool just next to us, tried to scoot us away. The guy was kind enough to look at his watch and say "Okay" almost apologetically when I told him, "I thought the pools close at midnight."

-Steven

I have heard this before about the Caribbean Princess.

I hope it isn't something planned fleet wide.

On all of my Princess cruises (other ships) the pools/spas have been open 24/7 except for maintenance. I too am a late night/early AM swimmer and would hate to lose that.

Archived