B2B Discount

ocean.queen

Interesting. A member of our party is doing a back-to-back...there was a promotion on, so I enquired on their behalf. I was told by the TA that because they got the back-to-back discount, they actually got a better deal than what the promotion was offering.

In the "old days" b2b's were relatively rare and they did give about a 10% discount, not any more. HAL still does on many of their sailings....

We do many b2b's and the main reason they don't discount anymore is because "they don't have to"!! Most sailings are full. They also (Princess) used to give the b2b-ers a private party toward the end of the first cruise.

I'm going to differ with the posters above for two reasons. We've booked back to back before (twice) and the current Carribbean brochure at least (the one that goes through May 2008) shows them as: "combine an eastern and western Carribbean on Carribbean Princess for a 14 day Carribbean Odessey and receive a complimentary two-category stateroom upgrade". This exists on many of the other cruises in the brochure.

The way this works is you probably don't want to change cabins in between cruises. You book what you want and one week is cheaper than the other. The upgrades don't work across major categories, ie. outside to balcony, balcony to mini-suite. They work within each of those categories. Saves you a little. There's also an option to book a Saturday to Saturday cruise for the first week, and a Sunday to Sunday cruise for the second week with a free overnight hotel stay in Ft. Lauderdale.

You have to briefly get off the ship to go through customs, although all of your luggage/belongings are still on the ship at the end of the first week. You can declare anything you've purchased then though.

Thanks

Norm

Thank you everyone, for your help. Seems to be different offers from cruise to cruise. I got a very good early-booking price so maybe the b2b discount is not applicable. I think I might have to call Princess for this one.

Nope. No discount, no onboard credit, no nuthin. But that's just the industry standard. Booking a back-to-back gets you two consecutive cruises and any discounts that might apply to either individual cruise. Nothing else.

Lucky for us it is not the industry standard in the UK for we get 10% off both cruses when you do a B2B. This can be considerable when you are paying £2000($4000) for each cruise. Therefore total £4000 discount £400 or $800.

With P&O' schedule there are few 7 night back to backs if any so B2B's are generally 14n+7n.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

I think you need to be sure there is good availability on BOTH cruises. The cruiselines don't discount if it's limited. I agree with the options of upgrades, and I've seen some minor discounts when I've booked back-to-back. If you're uncomfortable with the rate, why not call Princess, or another agency and see what they both offer.

Archived