What to wear on traveling day??

pickleo

I'm having a hard time deciding what to wear when I travel to San Juan from next Sunday. The weather here will be a tad chilly...probably around 45 degrees, but the temperature in San Juan will be around 87 degrees.

What do you normally wear on traveling day...(say your flying)?

I usually wear a lightweight jogging/sweat suit (it doesn't look like a "sweat suit") with a short sleeve tee shirt and running shoes. I carry a pair of nylon shorts in my carry-on. Either on the plane just before arrival or once we have arrived, I switch out of the long pants and put on the shorts and put the j-suit into an outside pouch on my suitcase. This ensures I am comfortable before and during the flight as well as prepared for the warm temperatures at our destination.

Lightweight cotton slacks with a fancy tee, light cotton blazer and tennies or a jogging suit. It is terrbile to be uncomfortable when flying :(! Layer for the cold and pack an extra lightweight shirt :). Have a wonderful cruise!

Microfibre or nylon matching windbreaker and pants, cotton top, socks and walking shoes---sandals in your carry on. When you arrive in San Juan put your sandals on and jacket into your bag. I always find the air plane a bit chilly. probably a combination of temp and nerves! As soon as I get to the resort I switch to my shorts:)

Fleece! What's called the 100 weight, which is like a warm shirt, but not heavy. One with a quarter zip (think ventilation). You wear it over a tshirt or any other light shirt. When you get to your destination the fleece comes off and gets stuffed well, anywhere, and you were just warm enough on the way there. Fleece doesn't wrinkle, either. And it now comes in many fashion colors--I even have pink.

And, if you like, to complete the outfit, get a good pair of those trousers that have the zip-off legs. So you leave the 45 degrees in a fleece shirt and trousers, and arrive to the 87 in a light shirt and shorts.

Traveled to San Juan in December--was 14 degrees here and 78 degrees with 90% humidity on arrival. Wore some black pants and tank top with a cardigan type sweater. Before landing, took off cardigan, socks and shoes and put on sandals in carryon. Worked great.

if you board early, you can chg as soon as you get in the cabin,,carry-on a must...layer....blouse or t, short slv...topper shirt and lt wt jacket..long pants w/comfy waist..slip on shoes..when I fly to alaska, 13/15 hrs, that's what i do, and I take/wear my Fog..grab a banky and a nap!

No matter where I'm flying "to", I wear clothes to be comfortable in while I'm flying, unless it's a short flight.

I usually wear knit capris and a soft knit top. I have a wonderful soft stretchy, lightweight cotton and lycra buttoned jacket that I'll be wearing. It's 3/4 sleeves, so I can add a tank or short-sleeved top under it. With the capris, the feel is like wearing a pair of jammies, but it looks like a nice capri outfit.

Since my feet swell on airplanes, I wear loose sandals, but take a pair of socks to put on if the plane is chilly.

Then when I get where I'm going, off to the ladies room, take off one of the top layers and the socks, and then I'm in capris and a top with sandals.

We are flying to London in 3 weeks, and this is what I'll wear, with my kneelength raincoat folded up in my bag. If I have to, I'll change into walking shoes instead of sandals if it's cold when we get off.

Thanks for posting this- I was wondering the same thing. They're calling for snow here and 30 degree temps when we fly out on Saturday and it will be 82 in Fort Lauderdale. I think jeans, a t-shirt, and sweater are in order. I'll toss my winter coat back in the car when I get dropped off at the airport door. :D

I am usually always traveling in the winter months and wear lightweight khakis with a twin cardigan set and slip on tennis shoes. Have sandals in my carry on and change shoes and take off the top long sleeve part of the cardigan when I get to the hotel or on the bus to take me to the ship. I also wear a lightweight raincoat to help keep the cold air off me in my hometown and in case it rains. Works for me and is very convenient. Have a great cruise! :cool:

I dress in 2 ways:

1.) for the weather at the destination I'm going to (after all, at my home airport I'm likely just running from the curb to inside)

2.) for safety

What I mean "for safety" is in the slim-slim chance that there is an emergency on board. So by that that means long pants (wearing shorts can mean legs burns on the evacuation slide or burns from flames if there is a fire on board), natural fiber shirt (fleece while good, can go up in flames in a micro-second since it's not a natural fiber), and closed-toe shoes (preferably lace-up as they are more secure than slip-ons).

I go for safety and comfort as well. That means long pants - pull on, 100% natural fiber, usually cotton, and I have a favorite style of shirt for travel. It is lightweight with long sleeves and 4 pockets, 2 of which are deep and button, and the other 2 are deep sewn into the front sides of the shirt. They are big enough to keep a passport very handy, even hold a paperback, keep some cash in an easy to reach but safe place, etc., and the shirt is very comfortable. 100% cotton, so it does need ironing, but it is worth it. I am so fond of these I have "one in every color", to wear home, use as a coverup, use for certain shore excursions. I also put a tank or shell or (if it's cold, a longsleeve cashmere pullover underneath the shirt. In prep for landing, the layers can be adjusted.

If leaving and coming back from cold, I wear Uggs. Warm to warm, birkies. Otherwise, just how cold, v. just how warm results in some footwear adjustment.

Archived