Mediterranea pics up.. slowly

fatcat04

Fatcat04,

WOW the photos are great. I edited video and produce slide shows and you did great.:)

We have never been on Costa but heard good and bad about them. Found a great New Years cruise we could not turn down and will be going with 3 other couples on the Fortuna 12/30. We got a suite (Cat. S) like you had. Looked great in photos on web site and I hope it is as beautiful as your was. Your photos really showed it off well and that bathroom, can't wait for the tub to relax in. :D I don't know if the Med. is a sister ship to the Fortuna but the suite looks the same.

What all does the butler do except the usual things a cabin stewart does?

Overall how was the quality of the food, menus look great. Was there a charge for room service in the suite? Anything else.... :confused: Linda

You might want to check with costa or your TA. As far as I can understand, there are 3 classes of suites: suite, panorama suite and grand suite. I was told only panorama suites and grand suites have butler priviledges.

Fatcat

Thank you :) Thank you:D

Thanks for the pics and papers and menus - just fabulous

Is the farewell gala dinner on the second formal night or is it on the final night

Fatcat04,

WOW the photos are great. I edited video and produce slide shows and you did great.:)

We have never been on Costa but heard good and bad about them. Found a great New Years cruise we could not turn down and will be going with 3 other couples on the Fortuna 12/30. We got a suite (Cat. S) like you had. Looked great in photos on web site and I hope it is as beautiful as your was. Your photos really showed it off well and that bathroom, can't wait for the tub to relax in. :D I don't know if the Med. is a sister ship to the Fortuna but the suite looks the same.

What all does the butler do except the usual things a cabin stewart does?

Overall how was the quality of the food, menus look great. Was there a charge for room service in the suite? Anything else.... :confused: Linda

Thanks Linda.

The Fortuna looks to be the Magica's sister ship. They are Destiny class ships. The Atlantica is the Med's sister ship as well as several Carnival ships that are based on the same platform. The Med and Atlantica are Spirit class ships.

The suites on all the ships do seem to look very similar. They also look similar to those on the more recent Carnival ships so they must have the same set up for the suites.

The butler brings all room service, delivers all packages like laundry, flowers, fruit basket, special notices, menus. He makes reservations. He is the one that gets paged anytimes you need anything. He essentailly does everything but clean the room which is still the job of the cabin steward.

Food was excellent. Ask the wait staff what the best dishes are every night. They told us the chickens dishes were the least tasty on our cruise and they were right. I was very impressed with the food. It WILL NOT be normal American fare though. There are a lot of Europeans on Costa ships and many dishes have a more distinct European taste. We liked that but the steak and potatoes crowd would not.

No there was no extra charge for suite room service. Full cooked to order breakfast and then the regular room service menu the rest of the day.

If you haven't read my review of our recent cruise on the Med, check it out here.

:)

Fatcat

Thank you :) Thank you:D

Thanks for the pics and papers and menus - just fabulous

Is the farewell gala dinner on the second formal night or is it on the final night

Final night in the Carib is always TOGA night from everything I have heard. The second formal night for us was next to last night.

It went

:DDeparture day.. casual

Key West.. casual

Sea Day.. formal

Grand Cayman.. casual

Roatan.. casual

Cozumel.. formal

Sea day.. toga

Home:(

Final night in the Carib is always TOGA night from everything I have heard. The second formal night for us was next to last night.

It went

:DDeparture day.. casual

Key West.. casual

Sea Day.. formal

Grand Cayman.. casual

Roatan.. casual

Cozumel.. formal

Sea day.. toga

Home:(

Thanks again. Okay, so now that you're home, you can plan your next cruise:D

Thanks again. Okay, so now that you're home, you can plan your next cruise:D

Don't you know it... and make that cruiseS.

Kid has informed me he want's to go on Mickey's boat.. oh good!! There ain't no cheap way to do that. Even the inside cabins are outrageous for an itty bitty 3 day cruise. :eek:

And hubbie wants another Costa next year, Eastern Carib this time.

Plus I personally would love to do a 3 or 4 day HAL or Celebrity repositioning on the Pacifc coast in the fall or late spring 2008. Looks like I got my work cut out for me.

We done been bit by the cruisin' bug!! :eek::D

Archived