Vow Renewal Onboard

Pusniski

The basic package has enough bells & whistles and was fine for DH and I.

While it wasn't a formal night, DH wore his tux, and I wore a dressy pantsuit, gold jewelry, sequined shoes. The bouquet that I had was lovely as was DH's boutonniere (flowers included with package).

The ship's photographer will take plenty of pictures (you can choose one to keep or another from formal night, if you wish, and you get a nice frame). You will also receive a certificate of the vow renewal that is signed by the Captain as well as a copy of the vows that you'll recite.

DH and I were so happy to have done the vow renewal onboard the Dawn on January 27 that was also my birthday. It was truly a special celebration.

Congratulations! and Bon Voyage!

Chris

I did the renewal of vows on the 10 day Panama trip on the Coral Princess several years ago. I actually wore my bridal gown (not a big flowy thing with a train). We got the standard package, but they ended up treating us as a ''deluxe'', even including a tour of the bridge! My flowers were beautiful and the photos the ship photographer took were very good as well.

It was a fabulous experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

We went deluxe on the Sapphire last year and were glad we did. No doubt the standard package is good and provides the basics you want...vow renewal. However, the extras provided in the upgrade really made it special for a once-in-a-lifetime (or at least not "often-in-a-lifetime") event.

Is it cost effective? Heck no in the real world, i.e. ashore. Then again, the basic package isn't either. It all depends on how much you want, and can, splurge.

Either way, you'll have nice memories.

We just did the basic vow renewal on the Dawn. It was fantastic! The ship's secretary (Rosita) took care of everything and offered several different time slots. We chose the first formal night and I was in a tux and my DW was in a nice cream colored dress. The orchid bouqet matched perfectly. I got a nice rose boutineer. We were the only couple so we spent alot of time with the Captain. There was the professional photographer and Rosita used our camera. We got a coupon for a free framed photo. Plus when we got back to our room there was a bottle of champagne and souvenier glasses. Plus a tray of canapes. At dinner we were serenaded by Nello (one of the head waiters).

After that they treated us like kings. We got express tendering tickets for the 3 tender ports. Plus at the end we were invited to the wheelhouse bar for platinum disembarkation.

Highly recommended!

We did our renewal on Sapphire and the family at home watched via the web cam. It made it special for them as well. You need to be aware of any time differences.

Have a great time, we did.

Karen

Were you contacted ahead of time (before you boarded the ship) to finalize arrangements, or did they wait to contact you after you were onboard? Just wanting to know how much time it took to finalize everything?? Might consider doing a vow renewal next year for our anniversary:)

THX,

Kiki

we had to wait till onboard to be told the date. I think it depends on the captains schedule and when he would be free to perform the ceremonies. We were fortunate that we were able to inform the family of the date and time whilst in a port, quick call home.

Hope this helps

Karen

You guys rock! :D Thanks so much!

I was wondering about the web cam, but I don't know who would watch us. LOL! :p I really would like to do it in the chapel. Do you have any control over where they do it? Hmmm, maybe even aft overlooking the wake? :cool:

My wife Marj and I renewed our vows with the basic package and were very happy with it. We were informed of date and time once aboard. I have no answer as to locations other than the chapel, which is the default location. Our ceremony took place on the first formal night.

56426.jpg

I'm hoping to surprise DH with booking the vow renewal.

If you've done it would you go with the deluxe or just stick with basic package?

Ladies what did you wear? :)

This year will be our Lucky #13 and last year he mentioned just in conversation that he thought it would be neat to renew our vows. Well when I booked this cruise back in Sept/Oct I noticed that it had a chapel and offered the Vow Renewal so purchased the package over the phone w/Princess. They charged me immediately and asked what day I would prefer it to take place so we will see, once we get onboard when it will actually be booked for...any day will be fine but if they can get it on our actual anniversary day that would be GREAT!

As for what to wear, I am just going to wear a spring maybe flowery dress nothing formal and hubby isn't bringing a suit (we want a more casual cruise this time around) but is bringing a shirt and tie (he thinks just for one formal dinner so I can eat lobster!) he'll look nice but again not stuffy nor 'tux' ya know. I say it's your day if you want to renew in shorts and flip-flops go for it! :D

This year will be our Lucky #13 and last year he mentioned just in conversation that he thought it would be neat to renew our vows. Well when I booked this cruise back in Sept/Oct I noticed that it had a chapel and offered the Vow Renewal so purchased the package over the phone w/Princess. They charged me immediately and asked what day I would prefer it to take place so we will see, once we get onboard when it will actually be booked for...any day will be fine but if they can get it on our actual anniversary day that would be GREAT!

As for what to wear, I am just going to wear a spring maybe flowery dress nothing formal and hubby isn't bringing a suit (we want a more casual cruise this time around) but is bringing a shirt and tie (he thinks just for one formal dinner so I can eat lobster!) he'll look nice but again not stuffy nor 'tux' ya know. I say it's your day if you want to renew in shorts and flip-flops go for it! :D

DH and I are going on the Grand in Nov. and are seriously considering doing a vow renewal since the cruise is a late 30th anniversary present. I have a TA who booked our cruise, do I contact her to book the ceremony or call Princess direct? Also has anyone done the deluxe package?...the main thing in it that interests us is the tour of the bridge. We do have another couple going at the same time, I wonder if we got the deluxe package if we could get them included in the bridge tour? Ideas anyone?:)

I have a TA who booked our cruise, do I contact her to book the ceremony or call Princess direct?

Not sure about your TA taking care of this. The "vow renewal" is purchased as a "gift" item on your Princess cruise personalizer. Here's the link:

http://www.princess.com/onboard/services/celebrations/renewal.html

Chris

DH and I are going on the Grand in Nov. and are seriously considering doing a vow renewal since the cruise is a late 30th anniversary present. I have a TA who booked our cruise, do I contact her to book the ceremony or call Princess direct? Also has anyone done the deluxe package?...the main thing in it that interests us is the tour of the bridge. We do have another couple going at the same time, I wonder if we got the deluxe package if we could get them included in the bridge tour? Ideas anyone?:)

As I stated above, we did the deluxe package on the Sapphire last year. We were joined by our traveling companions who were also celebrating a "significant" anniversary. FWIW, the four of us thought the deluxe package was top-notch.

Actually, my buddy and I set it up as a surprise for our DWs. When asked, we always respond that we wanted a bridge tour and the vow renewal just came along with it.:)

Go for it if you have a few extra dollars to splurge. IMHO it's worth skipping an excursion if your finances dictate one or the other--you can always get the excursion on the next trip.

Not sure about your TA taking care of this. The "vow renewal" is purchased as a "gift" item on your Princess cruise personalizer. Here's the link:

http://www.princess.com/onboard/services/celebrations/renewal.html

Chris

When I told my TA I was considering it for next year, she said she could easily add it to my booking. It would be listed as a "gift order" and added to the total amount. Very easy. (Almost too easy!!!:) )

Just a ''heads up'' if it makes any difference in your decision. They did our bridge tour while in port so we actually didn't have time for a shore excursion in that port so consider you'd save that shore excursion money. The bridge tour was actually the highlight for my husband as well. It really is something to see and only a very few get to!

My husband and I just returned from the Grand and we had a renewal ceremony while onboard. It was lovely and the crew went out of their way to make it nice. The bouquet was gorgeous. When we returned to our cabin we had a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us along with the special glasses. We chose to share ours with our friends on our last night at dinner and our waiter kept it on ice for us until then. I don't think you would be disappointed with the ceremony. Very nice.

Doug R - You two look so adorable! :D

Perki - ITA and I think DH prefers his flip flop and jeans/shorts. :p He'd already planned on renting a tux to cut down on packing. ;)

One more question if I could. You have the place to yourself, right? They don't have 5 couples in the chapel doing the service at one time do they? I think my DH has some bad information. (it's just a ploy to keep from doing it and I'm not falling for it so easily) :rolleyes:

Ours was definitely private and only had the captain, coordinator, and photographer as well as those we invited. You don't have to ''share'' with a bunch of people. This was also true when my sister had her renewal of vows on the Diamond Princess.

I think Princess has never changed their information as not all ships have chapels. If the ship has a chapel, it should be private. Also, my flowers were roses not orchids. My sister had a combination of flowers in her bouquet.

Ours was definitely private and only had the captain, coordinator, and photographer as well as those we invited. You don't have to ''share'' with a bunch of people. This was also true when my sister had her renewal of vows on the Diamond Princess.

I think Princess has never changed their information as not all ships have chapels. If the ship has a chapel, it should be private. Also, my flowers were roses not orchids. My sister had a combination of flowers in her bouquet.

A-HA! I got him! :D

Thanks a bunch for responding!

The flowers are gorgeous! :D

I found a really cute dress, but I don't like the price tag. :rolleyes: I'm officially on the prowl for a knock-off.

http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/store/Violet.asp

We already have spa appointments booked (in port while in Jamaica) and the bridge tour wouldn't be a big seller for DH. I know he doesn't want miss Grand Cayman or Cozumel either. :eek: If it could be guaranteed to be done while in Jamaica I'd be all over it like white on rice.

Our bridge tour was in Cozumel in the afternoon. It was really very cool!

Maybe the dress will go on sale or you can find a bargain on one somewhere. I was fortunate and able to wear my wedding gown. My sister just had a dressy dress. It really is a wonderful experience!

Archived