Vow Renewal Onboard

Pusniski

CindyP - I'd thought about my own wedding dress, but it's too big. I didn't want to alter it and I certainly didn't want to gain weight to get back in it. :p I didn't have a traditional dress for our wedding. Um, there were circumstances so things weren't done exactly as I had always planned. I guess that's another reason for my desire to do the renewal service, with new rings and a more slimming dress. ;) Hehehehe...are saying just to book to throw caution to the wind and book that deluxe package?

AmarilloBarbara - That dress is soooo cute, too! Ok, you're making this tough. :D I think I check my local David's Bridal to see if they have it or if they can get it in for me to try it on. Very elegant.

I hear you on the dress being too big ... I won't be wearing mine again either! I'd go for the deluxe package and be sure to set back some extra money for the pictures. We got more than just the one that was framed. They'll take as many pictures as you'd like and then you go and look at your ''proofs'' privately. It really is an opportunity to have a true renewal of vows and a ''revised'' ceremony.

Find your dream dress and enjoy the experience!

One more question if I could. You have the place to yourself, right? They don't have 5 couples in the chapel doing the service at one time do they? I think my DH has some bad information. (it's just a ploy to keep from doing it and I'm not falling for it so easily) :rolleyes:

I think what your DH is referring to or was told was from the Princess website regarding the renewal ceremony.

* Renewal of Vows is a group ceremony at the ship's discretion. All arrangements will be made by the ship's representative onboard.

So yes technically if there is more than one couple doing their renewals, you may share the ceremony. We did not know we were the only ones scheduled until we were onboard. (Hey us DH's gotta stick together! ;) )

* Renewal of Vows is a group ceremony at the ship's discretion. All arrangements will be made by the ship's representative onboard.

So yes technically if there is more than one couple doing their renewals, you may share the ceremony. We did not know we were the only ones scheduled until we were onboard.

DH and I were the only couple doing the vow renewal on our cruise, too. That being the case, we were able to choose the day/time (as long as Captain was available then) but not location. There is no wedding chapel on the Dawn; the ceremony was held in a conference room on Riviera Deck. There was a small table (altar) set up with white linens, candles were lit, and there was a lovely floral spray on a pedestal. We also took a floral arrangement that had been sent to us and set it on the table. It was a beautiful and memorable celebration.

Chris

Sorry to keep intruding - just wanted you to know that it may not be THE Captain of the ship doing the ceremony. Ours was performed by the Staff Captain. I don't know if that is the norm - or it was because THE Captain was still tied up with paperwork after the overboard incident.

• 7 months later...

My husband and I are doing the vow renewal in December on the Caribbean Princess (December 16th). I'm very excited. 15 years!

Here is the dress I bought from White House Black Market - very reasonable and looks like a wedding dress.

http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/product.asp?PID=300108422

I bought it with the ivory sash.

We booked the standard vow renewal on-line through the Cruise Personalizer (it's in the gift category) for our 20th anniversary last March and it was plenty fancy and wonderfully emotional. My husband wore a dark suit, I wore a white chiffon skirt with a sparkly pale turquoise top. My white orchid bouquet was gorgeous and lasted the entire 2-week cruise! We were the only couple that day in the chapel (groups happen rarely, just Valentine's Day, really). We even had a little time to talk with the captain of the Island Princess. Afterwards he went to the Captain's Party, since it was the first formal night. BTW, the pictures the ship's photographer took were fabulous, really excellent.

It was a truly memorable experience and we'd do it again in a heartbeat (maybe we will for the 25th).:)

Really excited reading this thread. We are renewing our vows (basic package) whilst on the Sea Princess during the festive season. We will be marking our 15th anniversary. I am really pleased that it has been such a memorable ceremony for all those who have done it already. Just hope my dress travels well.

I am sure this is to be found somewhere on the Princess web site but doesn anyone happen to know what is the latest you can book a ceremony?

Two weeks prior to your cell date & it must be pre-paid. It's $205.00. I just got an e-mail from my TA since posting earlier. The upgrade is around $485.00 Here is what she had as being included:

1. The Standard Vows Renewal Package which includes

The ceremnoy, an orchid bouquet and boutanier ( I hope I spelt that right), a certificate signed by the captain, a bottle of champagne in your stateroom, 2 engraved Princess champagne flutes and a framed portrait of the ceremony

This is priced at $205 per couple

2. The Deluxe PackageThis includes all the above, plus, a champagne breakfast the morning of the ceremony, 2 Princess Signature Bathrobes, a 30 minute spa massage or facial per person, canapes or petit fors delivered to your stateroom on the evening you select and a personal invitation by the Captain to visit the bridge on a day when the ship is in port o arrange it all you would need to do is let me know which package you have selected and I will add it to your reservation. Then once on board the Renewal Co-Ordinator will meet with you to plan the details]

Just found the new link on the Princess web site it's: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/services/celebrations/renewal_vows/index.jsp

We did ours on the Sea Princess in 2006 for 25 years. When on the beach at Princess Cay I mentioned to my wife that we had an appointment with the captain next day to renew our vows if that was OK with her. It was. Also suprised with the diamond engagment ring she never got. I still have much credit in the bank !

Archived