Jellyfish Stings

Coolcruise02

I just ordered 3 bottles of Safe Sea combined with 30 sun block which is supposed to stop you from getting annoying bites from sea creatures in the first place.

http://www.lifestylesdirect.com/bodyservice.cfm?cfid=5139487&cftoken=41793703

I was unable to find this product in any of my local drugstores or dive shops despite living on the Florida Gulf coast! If you order 3, they offer free shipping.

to prevent stings you would need to wear a nylon dive skin. to help relieve

the pain and reduce additional stings flush area with fresh water then rinse with witch hazel or vinegar. do not rub the area at all this will release more stinging cell.

Great site Largin. All the info I ever learned in paramedic school was presented on that site. My youngest had an encounter when we were in Daytona Beach about 16 years ago. He was 4 years old , walking in the water next to me when all of a sudden he screamed and literally climbed onto my back. We're from Wisconsin so I really didn't know exactly what was going on-maybe shark. I peeled him off me looking for bite marks and saw welts across his chest and both arms. Poor little cobber really was hurting. Luckily there was a lifeguard that gave us amonia and that helped somewhat. I watched him close for awhile for anaphalaxis. He still remembers the incident.

If worst comes to worst, pee on it. That works, too.

Thanks spongrob! Hoped someone would say this!

It's a WONDERFUL tip that everyone should know! Sure was glad I knew about this once. Good Grief! Anyone who has even been badly stung by a jellyfish won't care! ;) Whatever eases the pain QUICKLY is just fine!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Archived