Breakfast menu in the dining room

Cote d'or

I was wondering, does anyone have a picture of the breakfast menu on one of the Celebrity ships (I suppose it's the same on all of them)? We can't remember anymore what they were serving, since we only had our breakfast once or twice in the dining room in the past. But we're planning on doing this more often, so having a little peek on the menu would be nice. :)

I practically have it memorized -- I nearly always eat in the dining room. It is the same menu every day, but with a wide variety of choices.

They bring around rolls and Danish a couple of times. And croissants. Look 'em over. Your choice.

You have choice of fruit juices and fruits, including berries and melons, stewed prunes and figs, orange pieces or pineapple or a mixture. Yogurt if you like it with your fruits. I do.

You have choices of hot and cold cereals.

You can order your eggs anyway you want them, including Eggs Benedict, a favorite of many diners.

You can have pancakes or waffles, with whatever you want on them. And French toast.

You have a choice of meats -- bacon, sausage, corn beef hash,etc. Also hash browned potatoes.

You also can have cold salmon and cream cheese with a bagel. One of my favorites with a bit of onion.

You can have any kind of toast.

You can have kippers if you like them. I have not tried them.

What else is there for breakfast? No fancy casseroles or anything like that. Just a huge variety of breakfast goodies.

And it is all served on white tablecloths, course by course, by the same friendly and efficient waiters who serve you at night -- except it is open seating, of course. You may choose to sit alone or at a big table.

Hope this helps.

love

joan

Sorry about the unreadability. Cruisecritic seems to allow only very, very small image files to be uploaded.

Anyway, the dining room breakfast menu doesn't feature anything that you can't get at the buffet. The buffet has the most variety for breakfast.

I'd rather eat the same thing day in and day if it's served by waiters than stand in line to get some variety which might be offered at a buffet. But, to each his own said the man who kissed the cow!

On our last two cruises we ate breakfast in the dining room on non-excursion or later excursion days. When we had to leave early, we ate at the buffet and three times we had the Belgian waffles. I got "egged out" before the cruise ended both times and ordered raisin bran and a banana the last three days. We normally don't have eggs except on Sunday and I'm not a real breakfast person anyway. But the Belgian waffles are wonderful.

Sitting here at work...drinking my morning coffee...perusing the CC boards...and reading about the lovely breakfasts availiable on my upcoming cruise!

If I close my eyes and concentrate, I can almost imagine me sitting in the dining room, hear the bustle of the servers as they rush around, listen to the quiet chatter of the passengers, smell the delicious breakfasts being served...AHHH!

What a great post to start out my day!

Archived