Pantyhose question

vfb2girls

Yuck! Can't imagine not wearing hose under a beatiful formal gown with my bare feet in expensive shoes. I'm one of the few that doesn't feel sandalfoot hose is a fashion faux pas!:eek:

Up till about 5 or so years ago, it was normal to wear hose when wearing a skirt or dress. We pretty much knew to wear the sheerist we could find for open toe and saved the rest for work. Then someone said, hose with sandals? HORROR!, and all of us little fashion lemmings went along. Then they said no hose at all! Even with pumps!! And we all said, ok! I remember looking at my friend funny when she told me I couldn't wear hose with sandals. And yes, I was a lemming. Now I'm almost 40 and don't care. I go with what I think looks best on me and the dress.

Now I'm seeing some actresses back in the hose. It's a personal choice. Whatever you're comfortable in.

Personally, I am 45 and never wear hose anymore (ok, maybe if it's freezing out and I am wearing a skirt, then its usually some tights). I can't imagine ever wearing hose with sandals. Your foot will slide all over the place. I also think its funny that people feel that they MUST wear hose under a formal gown. To me, thats the perfect time not to wear them. First off, the gown is long and unless you have a major slit, who is going to see it? Plus, if you are in a warm climate its way to hot to wear a long gown and hose!

Frankly, I think there are some people that should wear them if they feel they have unattractive legs, but that's purely their own choice. As long as I feel my legs can "bare" it, I will not be found with hose regardless of what I'm wearing (sandals, pumps, long or short dress)

Personally, I am 45 and never wear hose anymore (ok, maybe if it's freezing out and I am wearing a skirt, then its usually some tights). I can't imagine ever wearing hose with sandals. Your foot will slide all over the place. I also think its funny that people feel that they MUST wear hose under a formal gown. To me, thats the perfect time not to wear them. First off, the gown is long and unless you have a major slit, who is going to see it? Plus, if you are in a warm climate its way to hot to wear a long gown and hose!

Frankly, I think there are some people that should wear them if they feel they have unattractive legs, but that's purely their own choice. As long as I feel my legs can "bare" it, I will not be found with hose regardless of what I'm wearing (sandals, pumps, long or short dress)

Exactly! It's whatever you're comfortable with. Personally, I could never wear any kind of a pump without them. Sandals? Depends. You're right about slipping with some styles, but not all.

No slidding with well made,well fitted sandals!

I agree! I also get those inserts you put in sandals, it pads the ball of the foot and helps prevent any chance of slipping, just in case.

I learned a long time ago, there is a big difference in cheap shoes and good shoes. you dont even have to spend a lot of money. I have bought shoes that retail for 200.00 for less than 20 dollars, just have to hunt the sales and know how to find that bargin, yet still buy something that fits well and is good quality.

Another tip, if it hurts your foot in the store, dont buy it. No shoe should have to broken in to fit well. It should fit well from the first time you put it on.

Archived