Day Use of Hotels

7iron

We are going to be in Barbados from 7AM until 5:30 Pm and would like to use the facilities of a hotel (beach, beach chairs, retaurant, pool and maybe a room in which to change). Any info on how to arrange this, or which hotel to choose, would be appreciated.

I don't remember the name of the hotel we went to, but we just asked a cab driver just off the dock area. We told him what we wanted, and he took us to a very nice place. Had everything we wanted, and there was no charge (other than the cab ride) He also came back to pick us up at the agreed upon time

You are the only one with some experience in what we want. If you could try to be a little more specific, I would really appreciate it. Some of the resorts in Barbados are: Almond Beach Village, Cobblers Cove Hotel, Cocnut Creek Hotel, Coral Reef Club, Glitter Bay, Mango Bay Hotel, Royal Pavillion, Sandpiper, Sandy Lane Hotel, Tamarind Cove,Turtle Beach Resort, Accra Beach Hotel, Bougainvillea Beach Resort, Divi Southwinds Beach Resort or Grand Barbados Beach Resort. Anything sound familiar?

7iron,

Try going to the following web page www.eleganthotels.com

They handle a variety of properties in Barbados all very nice. You can see pix of them on the web site. Submit your question about day rates through the contact us link. They are a little slow to respond but they do get you an answer usually within a couple of days. Hope this helps.:)

Here is a list and contact information of a few of the hotels on the island that offer day-use for cruise ship passengers...

Find it HERE.

Most are down in the St. Lawerance Gap area, perhaps a 15 minute taxi ride or a US$1.00 shuttle.

Remember BD$1.00 = US$.50.

Have a wonderful time on the island! :)

Are there any hotels on the east coast, Bathsheba that have day passes? How far is it to Bathsheba from the port? Will it be possible for my husband to rent a surf board? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I notice Sam Lord's Castle listed in the site you provided. The last time we were in Barbados the cab drivers refused to take us there, said it was closed down due to bankruptcy. Any current information you can provide?

I notice Sam Lord's Castle listed in the site you provided. The last time we were in Barbados the cab drivers refused to take us there, said it was closed down due to bankruptcy. Any current information you can provide?

------------------------------------------------------------

The last I heard was that Sam’s and Club Rockley were still closed.

Sam Lord’s owes the National Insurance millions of dollars and it’s creditors over $40 million. Club Rockley owes over $16 million.

In our local newspaper, our Minister of Tourism, Noel Lynch, said that the government of Barbados is working with the owners and partners of both Sam’s and Club Rockley to get them back into operation.

We desperately need those 300 rooms, especially in high-season.

So, for now, I’d cross those two places off your list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anyone have any further recommendations for Day Use Hotels in Barbados?

The two I've been most wondering about the Sandy Lane Hotel and the Almond Beach Resort, but I haven't found any information for these two hotels - re day passes.

We are open to anyone's recommendations. My husband and I would love to go to a beautiful beach (and/or pool), where the water is calm enough for swimming and perhaps snorkeling.

“The two I've been most wondering about the Sandy Lane Hotel and the Almond Beach Resort, but I haven't found any information for these two hotels - re day passes”.

I know for a fact that you can forget Sandy Lane. And Almond Beach is probably another. The West Coast resorts that charge US$1,000-4,000/night are not open to day-use. Their customers drive this policy.

I suggest that you look at the link that was provided about seven posts above this one. A few of our south coast hotels embrace day use.

Best of luck and have a great time on the island. :)

Archived