New to Carnival - Question about shows

wework2play

I want you to check out these pictures, Its my Carnival ShowGirls Thread, there is only 1 sensual scene that might not be good for your childrens eyes, its done tastefully but I don't know how you might feel about it, its the one with the girls dancing around the chairs in soft red lights:

Carnival Showgirls:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=335424

Fred

They have 2 shows nightly . Most shows they warn the 1st is pg the later shows are racier R rated . Most I noticed diference is the late shows are more vulger in speach . The vegas show 1st formal night was a little racy but not worse than tv today. The BEATLES TRIBUTE WAS EXCELLENT THE BAND WAS EXCELLENT DUPLICTING THE BEATLES> THE HIPNATIST WAS POOR > THE JUGGLER WAS OK>

They have 2 shows nightly . Most shows they warn the 1st is pg the later shows are racier R rated . Most I noticed diference is the late shows are more vulger in speach . The vegas show 1st formal night was a little racy but not worse than tv today. The BEATLES TRIBUTE WAS EXCELLENT THE BAND WAS EXCELLENT DUPLICTING THE BEATLES> THE HIPNATIST WAS POOR > THE JUGGLER WAS OK>

The Hypnotist ROCKED the Miracle, I dont know what ship you were on.

Why take children to the shows ? Camp Carnival is open so you and other adults can enjoy the shows, what is a 5 or 7 yr going to get out of a beatle tribute show ??

We first saw the Hypnotist on the Spirit a few years ago, I hope its the same one Next week, his name is Chuck Milligan from San Diego. I know its legit and true because he Hypnotized Wendy from the Audience on the Second Show. She Jerked when he told eveyone on Stage to WAKE UP!, Thats when I knew she was in the trance. I raised my hand as he came by, he put his hand out to Wendy to greet her and shake her hand and said, Hi Im Chuck Milligan SLEEP ! She was knocked cold LOL

Then he woke her up and told her to take a seat up on stage. I couldn't beleive it. I only wish I had my Camcorder that evening.

Fred

I want you to check out these pictures, Its my Carnival ShowGirls Thread, there is only 1 sensual scene that might not be good for your childrens eyes, its done tastefully but I don't know how you might feel about it, its the one with the girls dancing around the chairs in soft red lights:

Carnival Showgirls:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=335424

Fred

Those are some really great photos there ! What was your camera set at? On the link we have one person stating that they used 1/60 second and f4.5 at 90mm lens, but they had to use 1600 film.

It is difficult for me to switch roles of film back and forth, so I usually stick with 400 speed. If I toured the tropics with full sun, I don't want high speed film, so when I arrive at the show there seems to be 12 exposures left. Last year I did get a few good shots of the shows but had to slow things down to the point of much movement resulting in blurring.

Those are some really great photos there ! What was your camera set at? On the link we have one person stating that they used 1/60 second and f4.5 at 90mm lens, but they had to use 1600 film.

It is difficult for me to switch roles of film back and forth, so I usually stick with 400 speed. If I toured the tropics with full sun, I don't want high speed film, so when I arrive at the show there seems to be 12 exposures left. Last year I did get a few good shots of the shows but had to slow things down to the point of much movement resulting in blurring.

Thanks !!! The Camera is a Canon 20D, no film whats so ever and you can shoot over 2000 pictures at the highest Resolution with a High Compact Flash memory card. These shots were taken with Sigma 70 - 300 Zoom lens in total darkness from way back in the theater without Flash.

I Could never take pictures like that with my 35mm Canon A1 camera, besides the film would totally cost alot.

Fred

Hi wework2play - Your children will see more 'bod' on the decks by the pools than at the shows.:cool: I'm assuming you're asking about the two big production shows. These are offered only on two nights of the cruise. They're fun, fast, colorful, and the music is great!

If I had little ones, I'd definitely take them to these two shows. Yep, the dancers do wear thongs; HOWEVER, they're basically covered with flowing fabrics and feathers - and not all of the numbers are "Vegasy" numbers. The kids would probably never notice; they'd be so rapt with the fast-paced musical numbers. Seriously, I think they'd love it - and how often do they get to see a great musical show?

My suggestion - Take the kids to those two production shows. If you're offended, then you can always leave.:)

Any of the production shows are "Vegas style." That means the lady dancers will be wearing feathers and thongs. If you don't want your children to see this, (and I can see a 7 or 9 year old asking "why is that ladys butt showing") Camp Carnival may NOT be an option either as we have always seen a group from camp at the early seating production shows.

Our kids have seen all the night-time shows. Yes--they have asked about the thongs, but we have told them that it is something that ONLY a showgirl dancer would wear so they are not tempted to try and mimic a thong in public.

Our kids--currently 4 and 6.

CeleBrat

I'll be honest as an adult (and the pictures really were great) but this is not something that I would want to attend. We don't have tv in the home but we do like to find things that are good to watch on movies. I really appreciate the heads up with the pictures though so this way I at least know what to expect. I guess both my hubby and I will find something else to do on the ship.:)

Great Pictures Fred.

That is pretty much the extent of how revealing the costumes are in the shows. Like someone already said the kids will see a whole lot more skin loungeing around the pool.

The comics are another story. Especially the late night shows . Those I would not take young children to see.

I'll be honest as an adult (and the pictures really were great) but this is not something that I would want to attend. We don't have tv in the home but we do like to find things that are good to watch on movies. I really appreciate the heads up with the pictures though so this way I at least know what to expect. I guess both my hubby and I will find something else to do on the ship.:)

I recommend you attend the First Show and sit upstairs in the Balconies, then if you don't like it just get up and leave. Im sure you will enjoy it.

If its too much then you don't have to go to the second big production.

Don't miss the Magic, Juggler, Ventriloquist and the PG Hypnotist show, those are very good will make you laugh very hard.

Fred

Thanks !!! The Camera is a Canon 20D, no film whats so ever and you can shoot over 2000 pictures at the highest Resolution with a High Compact Flash memory card. These shots were taken with Sigma 70 - 300 Zoom lens in total darkness from way back in the theater without Flash.

I Could never take pictures like that with my 35mm Canon A1 camera, besides the film would totally cost alot.

Fred

I kind of thought that you used an advanced digitial. The fact that you were in the back of the theater was most impressive.

Archived