Calling Lois ....

claud925

Hi, thanks:) I appreciate the help.

I know some of those perks are better but overall I just

love Celebrity.

I know some will say I am a cheerleader:rolleyes:, been called worse.

And others will say I need to take off my rose colored glasses....:rolleyes:

Oh well.....I cruise for myself so I guess I need to continue

to do what is best for me:D

I also know folks who tell me I would enjoy the Radiance

Class ships of Royal...that would be one class of ship I might

look at...maybe down the road I should give it a try.

Lois,

I know what you mean about being a fan. I even had one poster call me a shill. If that's what I have to put up with for giving good reviews about X, so be it. I have sailed the Radiance class ships and they are beautiful. However, food and service don't match X. I am sailing on the Explorer later this year, $300 off a balcony was too good to pass up. It pays to be Elite.

Hi Rick:) you are not a shill, take my word for it. If you are one,

I guess I am too...

$300.00 bucks off? WOW:D

I know I would end up having a good time but I just haven't

wanted to try them.....shoot me:rolleyes:

Problem is though, being solo, the perks won't help with reducing

my price on a cabin.....same policy applies for both companies.

I do like the sound of that Concierge Lounge though...it is for

those of us who are Elite on X....free booze? I drink more in a week

on a ship than I do in year at home;)

Service is more important to me than food..though I do love food LOL

I would heed your comment to that affect.

I know what you mean Lois. To me it's about the food and service. Notice, I only have 3 non X cruises.

Yes, I'm showing 2 RCCL cruises booked, but the second one was only booked for the OBC. We really aren't planning on sailing on that one. It was done just in case the new itineraries have something to knock our socks off. The first is our 10 year anniversary cruise and couldn't beat the price for a cruise we can drive too. 12 nights in a suite. But no Butler, what to do.

I am sailing on the Explorer later this year, $300 off a balcony was too good to pass up. It pays to be Elite.

This is what I got, too - 300 bucks off E-1 balcony ... add this to the fact that I can drive (15 mins.) to Cape Liberty, PLUS free drinks in Conciege Lounge as Diamond-equivalent member .... I figure to save at least $1,000. Nothing to sneeze at!

I know, I love X, too .... however, I am going to give Explorer a try.

Roxanne,

When are you planning on sailing EOS? We're going November 11. We started by booking a Grand Suite for us since it was our anniversary. Make it special. But with the $300 bonus we opted to bring daughter and baby sitter, grand parents. We booked an E1 for the price most other were getting insides with the $300. Moved wife to other cabin so we could get $300 of each cabin. We later bumped up to a Family Suite. We kept the $600 savings, but by putting us into a 2 bedroom suite, it will make life easier. The GPs turn in early and can take the little one to bed allowing us to stay out later. Plus we all will get to use the concierge lounge. It will be an adventure.

Rick, I've got EOS booked for 4/11/08 - 9 nights R/T out of Cape Liberty.

Originally had a D2 on deck nine midship; then went back and noticed that an aft E1 had opened up, also on nine (which, BTW, happens to be the same deck that the lounge is on-LOL!), so I "downgraded" and made the switch and saved another few dollars .... still got to keep my $300 balcony savings, too.

Then, I xferred the booking to an online TA that gives "value-added" points, and got an additional $150 off the cost. This sailing just kept getting better and better (especially for a solo traveler like me:) ). If only X would give discounts on (at the very least) Concierge-Class (my usual category), as well as a private lounge for elite to have a free pre-dinner cocktail .... sigh ... they would never get rid of me!

Your deal sounds great, too ... I wish you & your family a wonderful time! Come back and let me know how it went, ok?

Hi Lois and Rick hope you are both doing well.

Can someone please explain to me about the RCCL Concierge lounge for Elite Members (I guess on RCCL it's Diamond)? Are there free drinks for the entire cruise?

We've never taken an RCCL cruise since the prices seem to be more than Celebrity, plus we love Celebrity too. But if we could find the right RCCL cruise at the right price we might jump on one since we would get the perks.

Thanks.

Can someone please explain to me about the RCCL Concierge lounge for Elite Members (I guess on RCCL it's Diamond)? Are there free drinks for the entire cruise?

Elite X members are extended Diamond-level membership in Crown & Anchor (RCCL's program). Diamond, Diamond-Plus, and suite pax sailing on RCCL are given cardkeys to the concierge lounge, where drinks are served gratis only during the pre-dinner period of 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. each evening. During other times of the day, I believe, you can find other goodies, such as coffee, juices, and pastries in the morning, etc.

Concierge lounges are found only on Voyager-class and Radiance-class ships, as well as on the Enchantment-of-the-Seas and Splendour-of-the-Seas (two Vision-class ships).

Hope this answers your questions.

Anne Marie,

They have a happy hour in the Concierge Lounge it's like from 5-8 for pre dinner drinks. It's you simple drinks, but it's free. You can find out more about it on the RCCL board. I'm just going from memory. They also have a concierge to help you with things like excurstions, resevations, tickets to the ice show. It's good for Diamond members and people booked in suites. They also usually have a $300 discount for diamond members for booking a balcony.

Just don't go on expecting X quality food or service, you will find the cruise lacking. Believe me, it's not bad, it's just not X

Hi Roxanne, Thank you so much for the answer. Yes it does answer my question. I see you sailed Premier Big Red Boat New England/ Canada. We did too, it was August 2000 a couple of weeks before they seized the ships at sea. We were heartbroken. It was our very first cruise and we loved it. I swear it was the best vacation I've ever had. I still cry when I look at the pictures. They had to drag me off the ship.

Thanks Ric too for chiming in. One day we will sail RCCL - MAYBE!!! Love the picture of the baby. She's getting big.

We've never taken an RCCL cruise since the prices seem to be more than Celebrity, plus we love Celebrity too. But if we could find the right RCCL cruise at the right price we might jump on one since we would get the perks.

Thanks.

The concierge lounge is not on all RCI ships and also nicer on some than others. On Radiance and Freedom class they have very nice views.

We have breakfast there every morning; they serve fresh brewed coffee and a European continental breakfast. We also stop in for coffee during the day.

From 5:30 til 8:30 (could be later, not sure) drinks and appetizers are served at no charge to Diamond and above, as well as to suite guests. House wines, mixed drinks, etc. It is 21 and older during these hours.

It is staffed by a concierge who also helps with dinner reservations, etc.

Other perks include balcony discounts and a coupon book with good stuff in it including a free 8x10 photo of your choice, free Ben and Jerry's, free SBC coffee, free internet minutes, etc. There is also a nice repeaters party.

As a Diamond Plus (25 cruises and up) we also receive small gifts in our cabin most nights, as well as hor d'ouvres every afternoon and chocolate covered strawberries. We are treated to the amenity of our choice (wine, etc.).

In December, we were upgraded from a standard balcony to a Junior Suite at no charge.

The ships are beautiful. The downsides to me are the number of kids aboard, the casual dining dress permitted, the lack of sommeliers and an overall less elegant and refined level of service.

Archived