What exactly doe the seapass cover?

I know this forum has had this question asked a few times but I have'nt found it sooo... please someone tell me exactly what you can buy with your seapass??? If you have a seapass than you don't need to tip right?

After dinner is my hubby supposed to pull out cash or our seapass every night? I figured we had to buy icecream and soda card, etc. But why do people keep saying that they have to tip for room service?

I'm confused about a few things(as you can see)-:confused:

I don't want to be thought of as a cheapskate!!

Your seapass covers everything that you buy onboard the ship or on the private island. This includes all drinks, photos, or anything you buy in one of the shops. As far as tipping, you can choose to add your tips to your seapass card. You will receive a form in your cabin prior to the end of the cruise and if you want the tips added, you fill it out and bring it to the purser's desk. Then you will receive the envelopes and coupons and instead of cash, you put the coupon in the envelope and give them to your stateroom attendant, waiter, etc. If you want to add more for superior service, just put in a few more bucks in cash. Tips for bartenders are added onto your seapass card. Every time you get a drink there is a 15% gratuity already added, so additional tipping is not necessary.

As far as room service goes, if you use the room service, you should tip a couple of bucks. Hope this helps.

Your seapass is what you need to purchase anything on board - drinks (alcoholic, soda, bottled water), ice cream, Johnny Rockets, spa treatments, stuff from the shops, etc.

Tips are included in the price of drinks around the ship... if you wish to leave more you can add it to your seapass card or you could use cash. You do not need to tip every night in the dinning room - the only time you need to pull out your seapass card in the dinning room is if you buy a drink. You will tip your waitstaff on the last night, either by cash or having it put on your seapass card. It is always a good idea to tip the person who brings your room service (a few dollars normally). Its not manditory but its the right thing to do (and I would have to say most people do).

My suggestion too is that if you plan on visiting the same bar alot on your cruise, you will develop a relationship with the bartender(s) there... and you will see that they will get to know you and take good care of you throughout your trip. Its a nice jesture to tip them extra as well... either a little every night or on the last night to thank them for the great job. They certainly appreciate it!! Actually some people even say to tip on the first night to insure they take care of you...

You can use your seapass for anything on the ship. Ice cream @ ben and jerrys, a soda on the promenade, some alcohol at one of the stores, shore excursions through RCCL, chops, portofino.

All drink orders already have a 15% tipped added already. Its your choice to add an additional tip and YES, put it all on your seapass. Chops and Portofine is $20/person and it says the tip is included in that so again, it is your option to tip or not.

You can even put your cabin stewards, waiters/waitresses tips on your seapass. you just need to get a form from the customer sercive desk an fill it ouit by the 3rd or 4th day.

Your seapass is like your credit card and cash while aboard. Anything you buy, whether it be specialty food, souvineers (sp), alcohol, soda (not on pop card), or services goes on your seapass. No one on board excepts cash or credit. Likewise, when you are on RCCL's private islands, the alcohol will be billed on your seapass. However, if you venture into the straw markets, which are ran by natives, not RCCL, you will want to have cash on hand.

The tips are a completely different matter. There is a standard for tipping (check the link below) . Obviously, this is just a guide. Most people use this standard, however you can adjust up or down, depending on how you felt your service was. You are given envelopes in your stateroom for each of the service providers. Tips are generally given on the last full day of the cruise. You may put cash in the envelope. You may also "prepay" via your seapass and get vouchers. The vouchers are then placed in the envelopes. These envelopes are then given to your room attendant, waitstaff, etc. . There is a new option, which I have not used, and do not really know anything about. I guess you can prepay your tips with your reservation. Personally, I like to use cash. But, that is up to you. Oh, if you receive spa services, when you pay, just add tip on seapass account like you would a cc here on land.

I hope this helps you out, and doesn't confuse you any further. Enjoy your cruise!!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000064yiSD8FcN2ovZUD3kARP0:10ktmeta1?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Extras&faqId=263&faqSubjectId=337&faqType=faq

As mentioned before, you don't need the seapass in the dining room, but you will need to show it each time you dine in one of the specialty restaurants--Chops or Portofinos. You also need it at LatteTudes, the specialty coffee shop. They charge for the coffee drinks, but the pastries are free. :)

As mentioned before, you don't need the seapass in the dining room, but you will need to show it each time you dine in one of the specialty restaurants--Chops or Portofinos. You also need it at LatteTudes, the specialty coffee shop. They charge for the coffee drinks, but the pastries are free. :)

If I remember correctly you do need your seapass in the dining room if you plan on buying some type of alcholic drink (beer, mixed drink, after dinner shot!!!)

Ok- room service--since it's kitchen staff who delivers your room service order and not a waiter, you should tip that delivery person when they deliver your food. You cannot add tips to room service personnel to your seapass account. Tip a few bucks for light meals, more if you're ordering a full dinner.

Your seapass card is your room key. Basically, you charge everything you purchase on the ship to your room, just like in a hotel. You can choose to add the required tips to your room account, but you don't have to. You can tip in cash at the end of the cruise. (that's our preference!) All charges to your room (or seapass) will be billed to your credit card (just like a hotel!!) or you can go to the customer service desk and give them cash to cover your bill.

Get the cruise brochure--they're free, and available at any travel agency or directly from RCI--everything you need to know is in that "vacation planner" brochure.

Archived