Anyone interested in Treazzure daysail to St. John on 11/19/04?

cappi

My husband and I are interested in Treazzure day sail to St. John on 11/19/04. I have emailed interlinesail.com. There is min of 4 people for this sail. From what I have read from this forum, Treazzure is a beauty! Is there a couple (who will be in St. Thomas on 11/19/04) interested in this tour? The cost is $125 pp. Thanx!

Cappi

I am still looking for snorkelers to complete min 4 people required for Treazzure (luxury yacht). I have attached email that I received from interlinesail regarding their trip:

Your day sail adventure would depart from American Yacht Harbor, Red Hook, between 9:00 AM- 9:30 AM, or whenever you arrive- we wait for you. You will need to get a taxi/van at the bottom of the gangplank of your cruise ship, and come to American Yacht Harbor, Red Hook. We will sail to the island of St John, which is two thirds National Park. Favorite stops are Hawksnest Beach or Honeymoon beach. If weather conditions prevail, we may sail to Cinnamon Bay. You can snorkel or swim, or take the dinghy ashore for swimming, sunbathing, hiking or beach-combing. Lunch is being prepared while you snorkel and is served aboard. After lunch, we set sail for a second anchorage in a secluded cove, teeming with beautiful fish and sometimes a ray or sea turtle! After more swim, sun and snorkel, we will return you to the dock by 3:30PM. Full Day Sail: $110 per person, regular; $99 per person with Cash Discount ( Aboard yacht Slo Dancin)

Duration: 6 - 6 and 1/2 hours

Treazzure does sail to St John. Treazzure is a large, beautiful yacht, but does require a four person minimum.The rate for a full day sail is $125.00 per person. If you prefer to sail Treazzure, you would need to find 2 others to accompany you or pay the four person minimum ( 4 x $125). At this time, we do not have other bookings for that vessel on that date.

One other thing, did anyone sail on Slo Dancin? What did you think?

Cappi

Never sailed on Treazzure, but have been on Slo Dancin. We went on a full day snorkel trip with Interlinesail, and had a great time. I posted a review about them- couldn't say enough good things to show what a fun time we had. They had two boats in the water that day, the other was Forever Young. The two boats sailed/well, raced/ and then anchored together. We swam from boat to boat, so got to see them both. The cove we went was unbelievable- fish everywhere, and we saw a sea turtle just swimming in the water around the boats in the bay as we left Red Hook. The yacht was newer than most others we had considered, and we loved the layout of the boat. The small boat/dinghy/that took us ashore was awesome. We went right up on the beach. I highly recommend Interlinesail to anyone who asks.

Never sailed on Treazzure, but have been on Slo Dancin. We went on a full day snorkel trip with Interlinesail, and had a great time. I posted a review about them- couldn't say enough good things to show what a fun time we had. They had two boats in the water that day, the other was Forever Young. The two boats sailed/well, raced/ and then anchored together. We swam from boat to boat, so got to see them both. The cove we went was unbelievable- fish everywhere, and we saw a sea turtle just swimming in the water around the boats in the bay as we left Red Hook. The yacht was newer than most others we had considered, and we loved the layout of the boat. The small boat/dinghy/that took us ashore was awesome. We went right up on the beach. I highly recommend Interlinesail to anyone who asks.

cruisesrus,

We will be in St Thomas in september 04 and are considering Interlinesail and IkeWittCharters. Glad to hear how pleased you were with the Slo Dancin. If you had to do it over again, which one would you choose, Slo dancin or Forever Young and would you go back to Interlinesail? What time did they get you back to port in St Thomas? Any other recommendations from you with regards to this sailing/snorkeling excursion. This is our first trip to the islands. Thanks!!

I would absolutely book with Interlinesail again, and I prefer the boat Slo Dancin to Forever Young. They are both newer, sleek boats, which I prefer to older boats. Also liked the fact that Interlinesail has more than 1 boat. Read on one of these message boards that a day sail with another company was cancelled because of an engine problem, and they could not find a replacement boat for the day. As for Forever Young, I just remember that the cockpit was more enclosed with canvas, and I can't remember if it had a swim platform or not, but I know Slo Dancin did have the platform, which makes it easy to get in/out of the water. St thomas and St John are just beautiful beyond words, and am really glad we found such a good day sail. I don't think you can go wrong with Interline.

Oh, almost forgot to tell you- we came back to the dock about 3:15PM. We had time to look around the shops on the dock at Red Hook, and then also had enough time to do a little shopping at Havensight where our ship was docked. I'm not a big shopper- just T-shirts, souvenirs, etc.

BP cruiser, When in Sept are you going to be in port. We will be there the 28th. We are thinking of doing a day sail too. Still trying to sort everything out!! I have heard from everyone that day sails are the best.

Jen

Archived