Port or Starboard cabin?

woodmill100

You will see people argue the question both ways. If it were me, I would choose Starboard (right side) of ship facing forward, leaving out of Seattle. You will be sailing on the West side of Vancouver Island as you leave Seattle. If your cabin is starboard, you will see land. Port (left side - remember both have 4 letters) side, you will face the ocean. But....any cabin is great going to Alaska, because you come back, the same route you know, so the other side gets the view, if it isn't dark. Anyway, you can always go out on deck and see whatever side you wish. gg

On the one way from Vancouver to Seward, however, is it just as nice on the port side? DH thinks I am crazy for asking this question, but I think it's a legitimate one. I'm afraid I will be missing everything on starboard side (like the land), but then again, I am afraid I will miss what is on the port side.....help!!!!:( We are currently on deck nine portside....

We are sailing roundtrip out of Seattle on the Vision of the Seas next month. We booked our cabin on the starboard side so we'd be facing the San Juan Islands when we leave Seattle as well as Vancouver, Graham and Moresby Islands since we will be cruising north on the west side of them. On the return to Seattle we are travelling down the inside passage so there should be views on both sides of the ship. I'll post again when we get back and let you know if our reasoning for the starboard side was accurate.

the only time it really matters is if you go to glacier bay, that i know of.

the park rangers talk about what's on the port side, the closer views are on the port side. for balcony viewing port side is better.

we enjoyed our views for the whole trip, out of seattle, from the port side. got good views of the islands leaving seattle. great views of the glaciers from the balcony. both sides get great views, you need binoculars to see anything on the shore, the ships don't get that close to shore.

Archived