Promenade View Rooms

we had a promonade view deck eight aboard vos and loved it so we have booked the same room on liberty of the seas in september.

when we have had an inside cabin you do tend to loose your bearings as there is no light so having a window does help,you can also have a prom view on deck 6 &7 but being on 8 (at the top) people tend not to look up at you from across the way as everyone is looking down ie processions etc.

Word of warning make sure you close the curtains before you come out of the shower otherwise the processions will not be the only form of entertainment.

allan

I'm surprising hubby with a cruise on Liberty in Feb 08. We have a promenade room on Deck 8, near center of ship. Would love to see pictures of room, and view from room of others going before us.

Thanks!

We were in an 8th deck PR cabin on Freedom (which should basically be exactly the same as the ones on Liberty).

Here is a picture that I took from just inside the cabin towards the window: http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2287751350051639614aAkykL (you can just barely see the edge of the door to the bathroom on the right of the picture. The closet space is to the left, out of view.

Here is a picture I took looking out the window: http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2064038740051639614QwHYfN (I zoomed in a bit, because we had a joke with our friends about the fact that I was in the cabin right across from the statue of the diving woman hanging from the ceiling.)

And finally, here is a picture from out on the Promenade, looking up at our cabin: http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2718419640051639614fkMXYr (we were the top cabin, right next to the archway above Vintages.)

Hope that helps you get a little bit of a feel for the PR cabins and how they're situated!

Catherine, yeah both my son & I used that seat during the cruise. It's nice because the PR cabins on the 8th floor are a little different than the ones on the 6th & 7th floor. The windows on the 8th floor are tilted out slightly so you can kind of lean out & look down on what's going on without smacking your head on the window. You can see that in the 3rd picture I referenced in my previous post. It was nice to sit in that little seat and look for friends to see if they were heading to the pub, which was diagonally across from our cabin. And I agree, people watching is fun too.

Hi Jane

Good to know the window is slanted, my husband would be the first one to hit his head on it! :rolleyes: I actually took a look at your whole album of pictures, very nice. I just can't wait! It's rainy and cold in Ohio today. Keep hoping Spring is right around the corner.

Thanks again!

Has anyone ever stayed in one of these rooms with a window overlooking the Promenade? If so, what did you think?

We had a cabin with a window overlooking the Promenade on both our previous cruises and loved it. Nice to sit in the cabin overlooking live on the 'street'.

We tryed to book a PR cabin on the Liberty cruise, but they were sold out :( .

My travel agent told me that there are no promenade rooms for 4. The only choices are 2 connecting rooms for 2, or a family room for 5-6. Is this true? I really wanted a promenade room, but wanted our whole family to be in one room.

If you look on RC website, all deck plans are available now for Liberty of the Seas. There are only total of 4 Promenade Family Staterooms, 2 on deck 7 and 2 on 8, these have queen size bed and sofa bed. Otherwise you could get adjoining Promenade rooms, looks like most of them adjoin, but don't have sofa beds. Sorry, hope this helps you out.

My travel agent told me that there are no promenade rooms for 4. The only choices are 2 connecting rooms for 2, or a family room for 5-6. Is this true? I really wanted a promenade room, but wanted our whole family to be in one room.

Yep, it's true, we have two rooms booked for the four of us.

• 2 weeks later...

Jane, are you still there or anyone else that stayed on Deck 8. Something that just came to my attention from the review of Liberty ship. It warned of booking Promenade room because of noise from Royal Promenade, as if it were like a "street". I wouldn't think being up on 8 that noise would be noticable?

We will be on Deck 8 Promenade for the Pre-Inaug Liberty sailing on May 14th. My DH loves to people watch so he is really excited about have the Promenade room. We are going to book a week for next April, but then I think we will do an outside balcony. But so excited that we got invited for the pre-inaug. Will give us a chance to see the ship before we book our cruise for next year. Hopefully, they will offer a killer deal while we are on the pre-inaug for a future Liberty booking!

Jane, are you still there or anyone else that stayed on Deck 8. Something that just came to my attention from the review of Liberty ship. It warned of booking Promenade room because of noise from Royal Promenade, as if it were like a "street". I wouldn't think being up on 8 that noise would be noticable?

The only time I noticed noise was during the parades and occasionally late at night from the English pub, where they guy (I just forgot his name) was singing & playing his guitar. It can turn into kind of a "singalong" and once in awhile I could faintly hear them through the glass. (We were diagonally across from the pub.) Nothing bad though. On our upcoming Liberty cruise, we actually have a deck 6 Promenade room booked, so I won't know until the beginning of October how it is. But we're booked directly over the Ben & Jerry's store and I can't imagine that getting loud, since it probably doesn't stay open late. In general, late at night there aren't a lot of people hanging around the Promenade, except at either the Pub, Vintages, or the cafe. And the only possible "noisey" group out of those would be the Pub. Hope this helps!

Thanks Jane!

That puts me at ease. We'll be so tired from our fun-filled adventurous days I'll be out like a light! I'll be anxious to hear about your trip in Sept/Oct. Be sure to take lots of good pictures like you did on Freedom. I really enjoyed looking at them. I'm just finishing up special card I made for my hubby to tell him about the cruise. We are going to get our passports in 2 weeks. Soooo excited! :D

Archived