Car Rental in Juneau?

dfisher9

Hi. I need help from the experts. We want to rent a car in Juneau. Are there any car rental agencies close to the cruise dock where we can just walk to them? Our ship (Oosterdam) is in port until 9:30 p.m. so if anyone knows any information about "late dropoffs" that would be very helpful as well. Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi. I need help from the experts. We want to rent a car in Juneau. Are there any car rental agencies close to the cruise dock where we can just walk to them? Our ship (Oosterdam) is in port until 9:30 p.m. so if anyone knows any information about "late dropoffs" that would be very helpful as well. Thanks for any help you can give.

I am renting from Rent-A-Wreck. I called and talked to Shannon. She said that once we dock to give them a call, they will come and bring us to their office. It will be $86.25 on Aug.7,2007 for one day rental of a mini van. She also said that the office closes at 6:00 p.m. However if we want to keep it longer and drop it off at the parking structure near the docks it is an extra $15.00 for that. She said I can let her know when I pick up the car if I wish to pay the extra for the extra time.

Rent A Wreck says they are the only car rental agency in Juneau that will pick you up at the docks. I don't know if that's true but that's what they say. I had called to inquire about renting a midsize car when we are in town on May 20th but we decided to do something else. They called back today and said that while they won't have a midsize car, they have a full size car for just under $60, taxes included. That's about the same rate as most of the other rental agencies and since they pick you up at the docks, they would get my vote.

Yes, Rent A Wreck is the only rental that includes a shuttle. Otherwise add about $40++ in cab fares for other companies.

Rent A Wreck's office closes at 6pm. They offer a late downtown drop off for an additional fee. Well worth the cost.

I am renting from Rent-A-Wreck. I called and talked to Shannon. She said that once we dock to give them a call, they will come and bring us to their office. It will be $86.25 on Aug.7,2007 for one day rental of a mini van. She also said that the office closes at 6:00 p.m. However if we want to keep it longer and drop it off at the parking structure near the docks it is an extra $15.00 for that. She said I can let her know when I pick up the car if I wish to pay the extra for the extra time.

ahaa.. Shannon picked us up too.. She will tell you the places to go during our shuttle ride to their rental office. Very nice lady. Even though their cars look old, they run very well. The services they provide are also top notch!

Archived