Do you sleep well the night before your Cruise?, I DON'T!!!

jamaica71594

I know I will not be sleeping too much at all on April 25th!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It happens on the eve of every vacation! I can never get a good nights sleep! Way too much excitement and anxiety to sleep! Most of the time I am checking the house to make sure everything is okay, I keep checking my luggage to make sure I have what I need. I will probably be on these boards, no doubt! Everything but resting!!

Then come morning I am anxious and sleep deprived! But its all good! 18 more days to go!:D

I usually can't sleep either, but it's usually because I know I have to get on a plane. This is my first vacation where I don't have to, so I'll probably try to get to bed early. The fasterI get to sleep, the faster the morning comes!

I usually can't sleep either, but it's usually because I know I have to get on a plane. This is my first vacation where I don't have to, so I'll probably try to get to bed early. The fasterI get to sleep, the faster the morning comes!

I have plane phobia too! I hate flying, period. But I know if I want to travel I must fly at sometime! My anxiety builds the day of any trip when there is flying involved:eek:

Ok so Pensgrl beat me to the puch, but I booked my trip for Jan.2008 and I swear that I haven't had a full nights sleep since I booked which was Jan.19,07!!:eek:

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to sleep on those nice, sunny deck chairs I keep seeing pictures of hee-hee:D.

Last May when we cruised we were scheduled to leave with another couple on Saturday morning- I talked to the wife around 11pm Friday night because we were both to anxious to even lay down. We had the car loaded and were on the ramp to the interstate at 12:05 am!!!!:eek:

We decided we might as well get started because nobody was going to be sleeping anyway!!!! It was a blast!

This time- in 2 weeks ;) - we are leaving on Sunday morning, but my husband is working the night before so I guess I HAVE to wait on him to get home before we leave:p

I have a feeling that I'll be a walking zombie by the time I get to the Liberty on June 23. Wednesday night, no sleep -- too excited about leaving tomorrow. Thursday evening drive to San Antonio for early morning flight and stay near the airport, I won't sleep then, new place, family of 4 in one room, what did I forget -- all that stuff. Friday night, another new place -- keyed up from travel should we haul all luggage in from rental car -- what if somebody breaks in car and steals all of our stuff ( I can't be the daughter of the world's greatest worrier for nothing can I?) -- what did I forget that I can pick up in the morning -- too excited to sleep. Saturday night, on the cruise new ship, so much to see, who can go to sleep?

After all of that I fear I'll sleep through my first sea day.

I'm always excited about getting started on our cruises, so my night before leaving usually goes like this: Try to get into bed by 11:00; toss and turn for an hour, fall into a fitful sleep for about an hour. Wake up around 1:30, toss and turn, hoping to get more sleep. Get up at 2:30 and hit the treadmill (might as well make use of the free time) for about an hour, shower, wake up DH, call the taxi while he showers and we are out the door headed for the airport at 5:00. I pass out on the plane. DH wonders how I can sleep on the plane, but not at home.:rolleyes:

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Can't sleep the night before the cruise because I'm driving! I'll usually catch a nap after dinner then we leave NC for the FLA ports about the time most people are heading off to bed. Drive through the night. Arrive in the AM and lounge around until embarkation. No traffic and no rush. ;)

Cruising is like Christmas Eve was as a child to me. Knowing you have to get to sleep, but really just wishing it was morning already. But I like a few of the others have a plane fobia, but taking dramamine the night before and one the morning of , along with a small dose of anti-anxiety medicine my doctor prescribes for this fear , and Im usually good , as long as it is a direct flight.Once Im on the ground again.....I just leave all my worries behind and get ready to drink my dirty bananas and put on my cruising suit, one very modest bikini.

Ill find out tonight. Hope Im not too nervous to drive. The weather is scaring me, they are saying we have SNOW on the ground just south of Dallas, how crazy is that in April. Its been 69 years since we had snow in April. Our sail away party in Galveston sounds cold!!!

Iv got about a 5 - 6 hour drive and they say snow and sleet between me and Galveston??

Im the only driver, so I better not have insomnia which has been known to happen.

I sleep the night before only because I take something to help me sleep. I can't wait to get to the airport, than I hate sitting around waiting for my flight. Once I am on the ship I sleep great. I have to wait until Oct, so it really sucks as I am thinking about my cruise alot. I even come on these boards when I should be doing my homework.

NavySis

Recently back from Sapphire Princess Auckland to Sydney. Couldn't sleep 2 nights before the cruise for excitement but thanks to Princess's WONDERFUL queen/king size bed in our inside cabin, & the motion of the ship, slept like a baby the entire length of the cruise!

I usually don't expect to sleep the night before...I am a forensic nurse, doing adult and child sexual abuse cases and usually take call right up to the last minute before a trip - so I am often packing all night before I leave...or take an overnight flight if I'm heading to Florida to cruise. Once

that pager is no longer with me, I will be able to relax and get into cruise

mode and sleep just fine. It's funny, you'd think, with 70 cruises, I would no longer feel so excited but it is still just a thrill and I feel so joyful as

I walk onto that ship! My work is such that I haven't been able to do a

12 day cruise in about eight years and I so long to be able to do that again...that is really a vacation and a healing time away!

I too cant sleep before vaction. I am usually up till the wee hours of the morning re-checking packed item, re-ironing items that had been packed weeks ago. Helping wife locate her brown shoes that goes with her tan blouse (which to me looks just like her tan shoes that she wears with her brown shirt :confused: ). Making sure the kids clothes are packed for their time at auntie or na-na's house for our time away. Making sure our carry on bags are now follwing the TSA guidelines for liquids. And then there is the excitement of the vactaion itself that keeps me up :D

3 hours last night! I woke up at 3:00am and couldn't go back to sleep---too may things running through my head. Like what will the traffic be like on the 405 :eek: :eek: We will be lelaving on our first cruise in 3 hours and can't wait!

Archived