Tortuga Rum Cakes

At the stores in Grand Cayman the large ones were 19.99, medium were 14.99, a six pack of small ones in assorted flavors was 27.99. These were the same prices that we could buy them on board (Disney Magic). The web site prices are higher and you don't get to taste them first:p

Yummm, I have 5 in my fridge right now :D

When I walked into the store a few weeks ago, I went to pick up a pack of 6 (all different flavors) that was $27.50, but I had to take it with me.

The store personnel showed me a pack of 6 that had 4 small bottles of rum in it for $29.50 and since it did have the rum with it, they would deliver it to the ship for me, so it was definitely worth the extra $2 for the rum and the delivery. Check with the ship too because they usually have $2 off coupons available.

Sorry, I dont know how much the big ones are or the singles. I get the packs of the small ones as I can never decide on which flavor I want (they are all good! LOL) and Im the only one who eats them.

Are the $2 off coupons good on ship only or in port as well?

The coupons are good in Grand Cayman only...not on the ship. If I remember correctly, its either $2 offf $20 or $2 off $25. On the Mariner they had some sitting out on the shopping desk and then one was also included inside the Grand Cayman map that arrives to your room the night before. THey were bright yellow coupons, hard to miss :)

Also, if you buy them in GC, we went to Tortuga Rum and bought rum and the sample pack; and as a previous poster said, you get to sample them. Our DS was excited just for the bag itself... Tortuga as in Pirates of the Caribbean. And, with the store delivering them to the ship, it was perfect because we didn't have to lug it over the island as we were sightseeing. It's really worth the extra couple of dollars.

D :)

When we go to GC, we buy Blackbeard's cakes. There is a kiosk right near the dock as well as a good sized store down the road about a mile or two. They are as good or better than Tortuga cakes and they are cheaper. The store has many different flavors and they have tastings too.

I love the key lime and coconut rum cakes. But, Peach is my favorite. It tastes just like a peach. Yum. You can get them to mix the package also so that if you get the small six pack or four pack, they can be any flavors. I didn't have that opportunity when I first started buying the Tortuga cakes, but I don't know if you can do that now.

Katie

Does anyone know the price of these cakes? Is it the same as on the website or are they less expensive when purchased in Grand Cayman?

We purchased a large (33 oz) cake for $18 - we had a $2 coupon from the ship. We then purchased a gift pack with 4 small bottles of rum and three -1 lb cakes for something like $43. They delivered the gift pack to the ship. The prices in the Tortuga catalog are much more expensive but include shipping and tax. I think it was something like $32 for a large cake and the 1 lb cakes had a minimum order of 8 at something like $16.50 each.

I bought a four pack of the small ones for $17.50 in GC. I don't know what the pricing is on their website. I buy them for my brother, I don't eat them myself.

Hi Veronica!! Have you tried them? They are soooooo good :D (and I dont usually care for rum too much.)

The store personnel showed me a pack of 6 that had 4 small bottles of rum in it for $29.50 and since it did have the rum with it, they would deliver it to the ship for me, so it was definitely worth the extra $2 for the rum and the delivery.

We did the same thing! It was certainly worth it for the delivery to the ship. We are still enjoying our cakes - yum!

Does anyone know if RCCL sells these on the ship? (we are on Serenade tomorrow).

Last year on Celebrity Millenium, they sold these (all varieties) in one of their gift shops at the end of the cruise, they were marked down 50%. We bought 12 to bring home.....LOL LOL LOL

WE LOVE THEM!!!! :D

Hi Veronica!! Have you tried them? They are soooooo good :D (and I dont usually care for rum too much.)

Hey Luci-

I have tried them but they just dont "do it" for me. My brother who is the pickiest eater ever just loves them, so I buy them for him.

Hope all is well for you and Dom. We just booked our next (well second next) cruise yesterday!!! We will be on Explorer next April 11. Tess will be on break for that week. We won't be going to GC, but I can get the cakes on board at least for him!!

Have a great Easter!!!

Archived