Cruise doc question

sd1029

I got my cruise docs and they have all of our names spelled correctly, but they have my daughter listed as Master Mya XXXX instead of Miss Mya XXXX. Mya is obviously a female name so I don't know this got messed up. Is this a big deal, should I call someone? Or because the name is spelled correctly should I not worry about it.

I got my cruise docs and they have all of our names spelled correctly, but they have my daughter listed as Master Mya XXXX instead of Miss Mya XXXX. Mya is obviously a female name so I don't know this got messed up. Is this a big deal, should I call someone? Or because the name is spelled correctly should I not worry about it.

Just put a sport coat and hat on her. They will never know.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Not sure on that type of mistake ?? :confused:

How old is Mya? Does she have a photo ID of any kind? It seems a very minor error on Carnival's part. They can readily see she's a SHE when you arrive, and with an ID, I wouldn't worry about it.

This happened to me and both of my girls on our last cruise. I called and had them change it but it was still there when I arrived to check in. They said it was no big deal and changed it right there.

When I booked my cruise this time, I told him to make sure they were listed as "Miss" this time and he told me that a lot of the time they use "master" because it comes up first and is quicker. I told him to make sure it said "miss" this time because my girls got offended!

So, I would call and tell them but not worry too much :)

Sometimes I have to wonder how important the Mr, Ms, Mrs thing is. When we booked our Liberty cruise for this past Feb., I booked Ms and then my name. When we boarded, and received our invitations to the jewelry sales, and past guest party, etc. all of our invitations said:eek: Mr. then my name (I'm female), and no, I didn't have a sex change operation before the cruise.:p I couldn't figure that one out. Funpass said Ms, documents said Ms, invitations once onboard said Mr.:confused: go figure.

Archived