Conquest in New Orleans?

mlpreston

Was just looking at this past Wednesday sale through Carnival and noticed that the 7-day Conquest was on the list for the 6/24/07 sail date, out of NEW ORLEANS?!?!

Looked on Carnival website and shows it coming out of Galveston, TX. bookccl.com also shows the Interior stateroom price at $100 more than whats listed on Carnival.com for the cruise out of Galveston.

Is this a typo or is the Conquest moving ports?

(BTW - I searched the forum for another thread or info on this with no success, so I'm sorry if someone else already posted this.)

Was just looking at this past Wednesday sale through Carnival and noticed that the 7-day Conquest was on the list for the 6/24/07 sail date, out of NEW ORLEANS?!?!

Looked on Carnival website and shows it coming out of Galveston, TX. bookccl.com also shows the Interior stateroom price at $100 more than whats listed on Carnival.com for the cruise out of Galveston.

Is this a typo or is the Conquest moving ports?

(BTW - I searched the forum for another thread or info on this with no success, so I'm sorry if someone else already posted this.)

I HOPE it's not moving to New Orleans because I plan to get on her in Galveston on July 1st!!:eek:

I HOPE it's not moving to New Orleans because I plan to get on her in Galveston on July 1st!!:eek:

And I am on her leaving from Galveston 7/1/07 also.......surely someone hasn't screwed up!!!!! You take a cruise away from a woman and watch out.......cuz she'll be mad! But surely that wouldn't happen!!!

And I am on her leaving from Galveston 7/1/07 also.......surely someone hasn't screwed up!!!!! You take a cruise away from a woman and watch out.......cuz she'll be mad! But surely that wouldn't happen!!!

LOL! My 16 year old daughter and I are going on this cruise and we are so excited!! It will be her first cruise and my 4th! I saw you have been on Conquest before, how was it? I am just SO easy to please and most stuff doesn't bother me. Not the food, or normal service, or most other things that people complain about! HECK, I'M ON A CRUISE!! I'll make the best of it!! Hope to see you on board!!:)

You can never be sure until cruise day. :) First time I sailed on Conquest it was supposed to be in Nola but was moved to Gulfport temporarily. Second time, Conquest was moved to Galveston. My Jan 2007 cruise was booked on Sensation out of Nola but ship was changed to Fantasy.

Most likely a typo but anything can happen. Changes can & do happen. Just be flexible & determined that you are going cruising from some place.... on some ship. :D

If the rumor were true, it would be somewhat funny. We really wanted to do another 7-day cruise out of NOLA, and booked on the Triumph for 9/1 as soon as I found out Carnival was bringing her there; then Carnival changed its mind, so we transferred our booking to the Conquest out of Galveston for the same day and got a $100 OBC. Now if Conquest does move back to NOLA, I'll get my wish (7-day cruise from NOLA), keep the $100 OBC, and perhaps get another one. :p

You can never be sure until cruise day. :) First time I sailed on Conquest it was supposed to be in Nola but was moved to Gulfport temporarily. Second time, Conquest was moved to Galveston. My Jan 2007 cruise was booked on Sensation out of Nola but ship was changed to Fantasy.

Most likely a typo but anything can happen. Changes can & do happen. Just be flexible & determined that you are going cruising from some place.... on some ship. :D

You're right, changes DO happen. However, with NOLA, you were talking a port on a river. Lots of things can happen to prevent a ship the size of the Conquest to get to the port, 6 hours upstream -- like a ship blocking the long channel, or a powerline sagging down across the river. Unless something terrible happens in Galveston, the Conquest isn't going anywhere soon.

You're right, changes DO happen. However, with NOLA, you were talking a port on a river. Lots of things can happen to prevent a ship the size of the Conquest to get to the port, 6 hours upstream -- like a ship blocking the long channel, or a powerline sagging down across the river. Unless something terrible happens in Galveston, the Conquest isn't going anywhere soon.

Conquest was originally out of NOLA and the trip down the Mississippi was a sight to see with that enormous ship! We took a cruise on her in 2004 and it was fabulous! Being from Louisiana, we would welcome her home at anytime!:o

The Conquest was moved to Texas due to katrina they used it as living quarters for the people who lost there homes in that storm. From what was said on the ship march 25th Galveston is it's home base now.

Conquest 3/25/07

It was actually the Ecstasy that was used to house people. THe COnquest continued doing it's usual route ony out of Galveston instead of NO.

My family and I booked out of Neworleans for 9-2-07. The Conquest was going to move there early this year but I recieved an e-mail saying it was staying in Galveston, when I ask the Rep what happend he said that the port was not ready for that size of a ship yet. I had paid, so I was dissapointed in the changeup. Galveston adds about 4 hours to our drive. But we will be happy to make the drive. We have only cruised on smaller ships. WOO HOO

But that's the scoop!

My family and I booked out of Neworleans for 9-2-07. The Conquest was going to move there early this year but I recieved an e-mail saying it was staying in Galveston, when I ask the Rep what happend he said that the port was not ready for that size of a ship yet. I had paid, so I was dissapointed in the changeup. Galveston adds about 4 hours to our drive. But we will be happy to make the drive. We have only cruised on smaller ships. WOO HOO

But that's the scoop!

Actually, the Triumph was scheduled to move to NOLA, the Conquest was never scheduled to go back, they have always said she was in Galveston "indefinitely"... I'd love for the Conquest to go back to NOLA, she was BUILT for NOLA... but I don't see it happening. They were going to put the Triumph there and moved it back... so hopefully that will happen soon.

Actually, the Triumph was scheduled to move to NOLA, the Conquest was never scheduled to go back, they have always said she was in Galveston "indefinitely"... I'd love for the Conquest to go back to NOLA, she was BUILT for NOLA... but I don't see it happening. They were going to put the Triumph there and moved it back... so hopefully that will happen soon.

Now Lucy, you know I won't let the Conquest leave Galveston, us Texans got her and now she ain't goin back :D ;) :p

Seriously though, even though I have never gone out of NOLA yet I still say that they need and deserve a big ship there, no matter if it is Conquest, Triumph, Freedom, or whatever the latest rumor is.

Archived