Voyager-class Promenade Room Noise and light

Do the promenade state rooms on the Voyager class ships get a lot of noise and light from the promenade? Just booked adjoining promenade rooms on the Mariner for our family of four and wanted to make sure we wouldn't be bothered too much by the lights and activity in the promenade. Also, do the windows open up at all?

We had these rooms on the Navigator, never heard a thing from the promenade, except during the parades. The curtains completely blocked out the lights in our room. I was very concerned about the light also, since I'm a light sleeper...the room was totally dark with the curtains closed. The windows do not open. There is a nice little seat under the window to sit and people watch. We were on the 7th floor, center, which was a nice location.

We had adjoining promenade rooms on Deck 7 aboard the Adventure. We did not hear any noise other than during the parades, and that was minimal. Remember to draw the curtains so that your neighbours across the way can't see you. The cabins are fine. Enjoy!

Had a promenade on Deck 8 on Explorer. Noise wasn't a problem. There were a couple of nights when they didn't lower the ceiling lights (the ceiling lights reflect the time of day usually and are lower at night than daytime) and they were on full bright light at 1 AM. Even with the 2 curtains, the light was somewhat bothersome. I don't think it would have been the same problem if I was one deck lower. We were literally it seemed right next to the bulbs since we were the highest level of promenade rooms. I would do it again though.

Archived