anyone ever have to wait for a treadmill??

Lefty888

I have waited a few times for treadmills - what is typically even harder to get (more frequent wait) are the recumbent bikes... The WORST times are early/mid-morning on sea days. The BEST times are port days, when others are off the ship and also most afternoons.

Tom

There are a surprising amount of people at the gym and it is more crowded on sea days but I don't recall ever having a problem getting access to the machines I wanted. If treadmills are available you can't beat an early morning run on the track watching the sun come up.

As Tom said the gym is usually busier in the mornings and the bikes do seem a little busier. We have had to wait for treadmills and weight machines. Amazingly, I have never had to wait for the sauna!

I have had to wait many times, but what I normally do is wait at the mill which has a person that appears to be struggling, usually they are looking for a reason to stop.:p So they will gladly let you run.

Haven't made it to the Gym on any of our cruises yet.

Do the CCL treadmills have clothes hanging on them like the one in our bedroom?:p

Off topic but, are you folks Nascar fans?:D

Personally, the only running I do on board is to the bar for a bucket 'o' beer. But if I was into the running thing, I think I'd rather run on the track outside in the nice fresh air.

Really depends what time you go to the gym. Whenever I could get there really early, there was no problem (elliptical machine is my #1 choice, treadmill #2). I'm sure there are totally off-times; just ask the people who work in the fitness center.

The tracks are actually very windy when Iv tried to jog. We seem to have hit lots of storms and tracks are on the top deck and often roped off, so you have to use the treadmills.

Princess they have sign up sheets for the treadmills, especially on ships like the CB. Iv had trouble even on Carnival getting on the treadmills which are quite popular and often have a nice view out the front of the ship.

Ill check out RCI's treadmills starting tomorrow.

Let me get this straight, if I can.

You're going on a cruise. For vacation.

Now then, you're going to get on a TREADMILL on vacation.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, you're going to WAIT IN LINE for said treadmill.

Obviously, YMMV, but that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me. About the only thing I will wait in line for on vacation is another mojito.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, you're going to WAIT IN LINE for said treadmill.

Obviously, YMMV, but that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me. About the only thing I will wait in line for on vacation is another mojito.

If your buns were as tight as mine, you'd wait in line too... behind me, of course..

Off topic but, are you folks Nascar fans?:D

Oh yeah, we're still fans. We were big time fans hitting the short tracks on Saturday nights and then glued to the tv on Sunday afternoons back in the 80's and 90's, but times have changed. Now we Tivo Cup races and watch in the evenings. Don't need all the new nascar glitz. We just like to watch cars race. (Sorry to go off-topic as well.)

Rob they do this so that you can move through the buffet lines faster. :D

I am also one of those crazy people who exercise on vacation for a couple of reasons.

1. To not gain ALL of the "pre-cruise" weight I lost! Nothing like a cruise to motivate a gal...

2. It really does give you more energy and when your used to doing it 3-5 times a week you really miss it, even on vacation! Of course I don't go as often on vacation.

I have never had to wait for a treadmill, but I do admit if they were all full I would have just picked a different machine or done some weights and then returned later. Seems that did happen to me one time, but out of 10 cruises, that's not too bad! The gyms are always pretty nice too, at least compared to most hotel gyms!

Bubba - is that the 12 ounce curl? I do that one too - that one I do more on vacation and hitting the gym I do less!!

Never had to wait long if at all for a treadmill.

It's always so much fun to get in that first workout on board. The sun is up, got the tunes up nice and loud (with headphones on!) and the ship is hightailing it south to warmer weather. I can't quit grinning!

I agree working out during the cruise can make you feel better. If I'm not careful I start to feel kinda sick from all the rich food. I just wish that I was more deligent about minding what I eat and getting to the gym the entire cruise and not just the first few days!! I try to swap out the exercise from an excursion for the gym time - not DH he's in the gym regardless and he feels great the entire time!

It's 25 degrees outside right now here in upstate NY and AS soon as finish with this reply I will be outside running 5 miles. I'm sure that doesnt make sense to some people either. But it makes we happy and clears my mind..

Plus the ladies look good in their running tights.:D

Like others have said peak morning times it can be a little crowded. The good thing about the Spirit class ships is you can walk around deck 10 if the weather permitts it is 1/4 mile per lap, The jogging track is just to small. So you can feel the sunshine and check out the view while walking or jogging. My wife and I enjoy this better now than the treadmills this way we can walk together. Then I will hit the gym for a little weights then a nice Suana and steam followed by a nice shower (love those 5 headed showers on the spirit class ships) for a cool down.

It's 25 degrees outside right now here in upstate NY and AS soon as finish with this reply I will be outside running 5 miles. I'm sure that doesnt make sense to some people either. But it makes we happy and clears my mind..

Plus the ladies look good in their running tights.:D

Its also 25 here, running is an addiction that I must feed regardless of the weather :D. I stopped trying to explain it to people, since they think running 26 miles is crazy anyway.

Oh yes, and those running tights are a nice perk:p

Archived