passport dance

db777

After waiting almost 10 weeks my passport arrived today....however, my DH's is still in the black processing hole..... I did not start calling until 14 days in advance and unlike most people, I have encounter many nice customer service individuals that really seem to sympathize with the where we are with this... I would not ever want their job!!!!!

I really feel for non-cruise critic people that applied in January and early February and like me were informed "don't worry should only take 5 to 6 weeks" (before everyone knew the number of requests that were going to totally lock up the process) .... they may still be waiting...and not know why...I would guess this has been an unrecedent time at the passport agency.

I do want to thank my fellow cruise critics for all the tips...If I had not been on this board I wouldn't have known to watch the passport status site....However, most of the boards have been so helpful, I would not have known that a secret to getting through all the information up front on the phone is after you code 1 for english (if that is your language of preference) once the next person starts talking hit "9" a few times and it will pass you on to customer service.... I never had to wait more than 8 minutes.... of course I called before 8:00 am EDT.

The only concern that I have had on these boards is the criticism related to us that did not have passports....many of us have never had the opportunity to travel or never thought we would be travelling so why would we have a passport... I truly feel fortunate that I now have an opportunity to travel...but until now never needed a passport as an identification.

Now I will wait and see if my DH's will arrive. The representative told me it is waiting to be signed and printed....so hopefully it will arrive for our April 14th cruise....fortunately if it doesn't come, I can run down town here and get his birth certificate...I hope those in the same situation will soon be doing the passport dance too!!!!!!!

...fortunately if it doesn't come, I can run down town here and get his birth certificate...
He didn't need a b.c. to apply for the passport? :confused: Regardless, I would advise you to go and get his b.c. on Monday anyway, because there was a case on this board a few months back where an unexpected problem getting a b.c. ultimately resulted in a cruise cancelation. :(

I get the impression that OP resides in or near the town/city where her DH was born. She would be picking up a new copy of his BC. He sent one with his passport application and she will get another just in case his passport does not arrive in time for their cruise.

DH and I live near where we were born. I could get a new BC easily if we wanted/needed one.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

If you really need your passport in a hurry may I suggest paying the extra $30. I sent my passport two weekns ago and received it back yesterday. I completed the online passport application, printed it out, marked the enveloped with BIG red letters EXPEDITED and it worked!

Archived