Car Service in Athens from Airport to Hotel

bldsld

Does anyone have a recommendation for a car service to pick us up at the airport in Athens, to take us to the Intercontinental Hotel? Alternatively, are taxis plentiful at the airport? Either would work for us.

Thanks!

Denyse

Howdy Denyse,

Here is a highly recommended car/driver in Athens for transfers.

His name is Paul: info @ www.greeceathensaegeaninfo.com/

Phone from US: 011 30 697 203 0853

I'm using Paul in July~~has been in the business many years. Perfect English as he lived in the US.

It's 34 degrees here and sleeting on Easter Eve! What's the world coming to when we had 89 & 90 degrees Wed. and Thurs!:cool:

Happy Easter to you and Ken

Martita B.

Howdy back at ya', Martha! Thanks so much for the referral--I will contact Paul today.

I've been reading about the strange weather you are having in Texas--what happened to spring?????

Happy Easter!

Denyse (and Ken)

Denyse,

Ask for Paul as he's the best in the Company. He does transfers to and from and an excellent guide!

We had such an UNusual Jan and Feb.~~now this! Suppose to snow in Midland and Lubbock~~just ICE here!:eek:

MB

Miss Denyse,

Forgot to mention I have a car/driver in Lisbon I've been using for 4 years. He is THE best in Portugal~~~he's also a fabulous tour guide if you and Ken are overnighting in Lisboa. Or he can simply pick you up at the Pride Terminal and transfer you to the Airport.

He is grrreat!

If you would like his name and telephone # e-mail me.

Happy Easter:p

Martita

Martita.

we have used George 'the famous taxi driver" Kokkotos several times.

georgetaxitours@yahoo.com

http://www.greecetravel.com/taxi/

we can highly recommend him. He is a very good guide and driver. We went with him on an overnite to Delphi and Meteora and he was great. We are going with him on a three day tour of the South before our cruise this year. Several of our friends have gone with him in his yellow Merc and had a good time. His son Dennis drives a limo and is equally reliable.

Book him early!

Martita,

if all you want is to go in to the hotel, there are plenty of taxis at the airport and it will be less than hiring a driver. They are government controled and have always been reliable. Prices are set, but make sure you are clear on it before you get in. They all had enough English for the purposes. We have had George pick us up at the airport and go on a tour somewhere, like Sounion and then back to the hotel in Athens. If you want to do that, you will have a wonderful afternoon and get ahead on your sightseeing.

A recommedation for taking a taxi from the hotel to the airport: ask the desk to call you a "radio taxi" for the hour you need to leave. It will be there at the right time and it will get you to the airport on time. This is especially true if you need to leave really early in the morning or rush hour when it my be harder to flag a cab, even at a hotel.

No worries!

Denyse,

first, I addressed my previous messages to Martita. I was trying to get them out in a hurry before I left for Easter services, so I didn't pay much attention. Senior moment.

A couple of years ago, the airport-Athens taxi ride was about 25 euros. A private driver was 55.

Which cruise are you on?

Denyse,

My friends Bill and Becky from Iowa are on board now and will

be on your cruise, as well. From their recent e-mails, it seems that

they feel very cut off from US news and events. If you could

bring them a newspaper it would be a great treat. I know it

is a pain in the you-know-what to take anything extra while

travelling, but if you have space in your suitcase or carry-on

and could stash a newpaper, or TIME magazine, or any such

thing, to give them when you meet them, it would be a great

thing -- thank you.

Katherine