1. 1. Best Cruise Ship In Texas

• Carnival Celebration
    • Carnival Elation
    • Carnival Ecstasy
    • Princess Grand
    • Norwegian Sea
    • Rhapsody of the Seas
    • Celebrity Galaxy

I am interested to see as well, Galveston is going to have to be our first port since its closest and we wont have to fly. Maybe on our 2nd and 3rd etc. cruises we can fly to FL or wherever, but for now TX it is.

Edit:

Also, isnt the princess not due to be in Galv until 11/04 which would make it pretty hard for people to post on that ship :D

Seven,

Ecstasy will be here in October to replace Celebration.

Grand & Galaxy will arrive in Texas in November.

I figure that since Texas hasn't had many ships until recently people may have cruised these ships in other places.

The "permanent" ships on this list are Ecstasy, Elation, and Rhapsody. I put permanent in quotation marks because all ships eventually take different itineraries. An example is Galaxy is basically replacing Sovereign of the Seas and Celebration is being replaced by Ecstasy.

I voted for the Grand Princess since it's the only one I've actually sailed on. Loved that ship! :)
Hi! we might sail some time on the Grand princess!!we are trying to plain a trip on that ship sometime soon!!how is that ship..??i have heard many great storys!thanks

I am not biased either way. I like RCI and Carnival equally. :) I would have to vote for the Rhapsody, though the Elation was very close. It was a hard vote for me. But I might change my mind after I try some of the new ships coming into Texas. We are seriously thinking about trying out Princess.:D

my mom awhile back went on the rhapsody and said the food was ok..but that she liked the service on carnival better..but i would like to try out that ship one day and see what it is like!!but right now i like the elation!!(3rd cruise july18-25,2004)

I vote for the Celebration!! We just got back and it was great. the ship, service, everything!! But now that she is leaving, our next cruise will be the Ecstacy or Elation so i am curious of your opinions. My sister will be enjoying the Celebration fior their honeymoon Sept 18 before she leaves and I am jealous, I would cruise her again in a heartbeat, and will for sure do the next cruise on Carnival!

:) Cruisekimmy......I see you are on the Nov. sailing of the Ecstasy. Originally we were on that sailing but switched to the Dec. 4th cruise.....darn, we could have been sailing together. You seem like you'd alot of fun!

~gina~:)

I didn't vote, can't decide! Have been on Rhapsody and Elation. Food and service MUCH better on Elation..."kid control" MUCH better on Rhapsody...We liked the layout of Rhapsody better, but was easier to get lounge chairs at the pool on Elation....Activities on Rhapsody better planned...Casion better on Elation....

That's my 2cents.....:)

Kimmie..

To me,what sets the Rhapsody apart really is the itinerary...Now I know that has nothing to do with the ship......But they are so close in many other ways.

The price on the Elation,is soooooo much lower than Rhapsody...which I think just translates into a better overall experience on the Rhapsody.

The Rhapsody is much more subtle in decor and appearance,and the atrium is wow...But the Elation has its own great points.It seems much more nautical in ways with her wood decks etc...The only thing that keeps me going (the main) is the itinerary....and to me,that is worth the xta $$

I would sail Celebrity again in a flash! The food and service are outstanding. I'm glad to see them placing a ship close to my home town, it will make cruising for me less expensive taking the airfare out of the equation + I'd love to sail a different route for a few more days..... If Carnival would pull their heads out and put a ship with more balconies and a different itinerary in Houston or Galveston- they'd make more money off me and plenty of others :)

Do I HAVE to have a favorite? My fav is whichever one is coming up next....lol We did Celebrity first, on the Horizon, then the Celebration....had an awesome time!!

Now we are booked on the Grand, and then we are gonna be Partae Pirates on the Miracle!!! Wooooo Hoooooo....life is good, on ANY cruise ship!!

Judy

Been on Elation out of CA, and Rhapsody on the Panama Canal trip that brought it ot Galveston. I like to explore each ship and appreciate the ship for what it has to offer rather than what it lacks. ...However, If you offered me a free cruise on the Elation or the Rhapsody, I would probably sway toward the Rhapsody.

I am just forwarding an email

Hello to all.

It has been really hard to get the few of you. Thanks for getting me your e-mail addreses. I have been away for about a month, but am in the market for a place/date to do our new Cruise Critic party.

Please go to Cruise Critic.

Fun Stuff

Floataway Lounge

Look for our thread....it could be waaayyy down the line.

If all of you who post messages on CC, please let me know if you know of any other folks from the cruise line/lines you post on.

This may help get us up and going again. As of now there are 9 e-mail'ers (including DH & me). We need to find the other 24 names out there.

Here are all the user names from Cruise Critic. If you see their names, please let them know about our new site.

RandyK47, R&S, carrolldf, TxSailor, Sailormoon, gemcat,cufosmom, ruskatab, alecsmom, slavearlen, bjktx, sportsmom0120, oldvato, Boo's Mom, pa johnson. KarenG, MrNobody, TxsBugGal, Francine, Texas Belle, Verde,

p2lockhart, Minnie42.

If any of you get this, please e-mail me with you e-mail address. It makes it much easier for me to get to all of you!

I will not give out list to anyone other than us.

Keep in touch. My e-mail address: LRH@satx.rr.com

Lois

• 1 month later...
I am just forwarding an email

Hello to all.

It has been really hard to get the few of you. Thanks for getting me your e-mail addreses. I have been away for about a month, but am in the market for a place/date to do our new Cruise Critic party.

Please go to Cruise Critic.

Fun Stuff

Floataway Lounge

Look for our thread....it could be waaayyy down the line.

If all of you who post messages on CC, please let me know if you know of any other folks from the cruise line/lines you post on.

This may help get us up and going again. As of now there are 9 e-mail'ers (including DH & me). We need to find the other 24 names out there.

Here are all the user names from Cruise Critic. If you see their names, please let them know about our new site.

RandyK47, R&S, carrolldf, TxSailor, Sailormoon, gemcat,cufosmom, ruskatab, alecsmom, slavearlen, bjktx, sportsmom0120, oldvato, Boo's Mom, pa johnson. KarenG, MrNobody, TxsBugGal, Francine, Texas Belle, Verde,

p2lockhart, Minnie42.

If any of you get this, please e-mail me with you e-mail address. It makes it much easier for me to get to all of you!

I will not give out list to anyone other than us.

Keep in touch. My e-mail address: LRH@satx.rr.com

Lois

Common courtesy... stick to the thread topic.

Archived