1:10 flight out to Anchorage--can we make it?

Cholly

We have a 1:10 flight out of Anchorage and we need to get there from Whittier. I was thinking if we hired a private car from Alaska Transportation Group to meet us at 8:30 am at the port and went directly to the airport we would be ok. Am I right on this or am I missing something? This is our first trip to Alaska. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

You'll have to meet your transportation around 8:40 as they'll have to go through the 8:30 tunnel into Whittier. 9am is the next release out of Whittier, if you miss it, it's another hour wait. Once through the tunnel it's an hour drive to the airport. You have plenty of time and could possibly be checked in by 11am.

Thanks so much--I feel relieved! We will plan to meet our driver around 8:40.

In 2005 we used Alaska Transportation group. They met us at 8:45 and we were through the tunnel at 9:00. No stops along the way to the airport. We picked up a rental car, but you should have no problem with that flight time.

If your assigned disembarkation time does not fit this schedule, be sure to request a change with the purser's office. That is what we had to do since we were considered "independent." But then again, once you notify them of your flight time, they should assign you an appropriate time to disembark the ship.

BTW, I would recommend Alaska Transportation Group.

Archived