Granny Needs some Expert advice!

GrannyLorr

Miss Lorraine,

While during our Pride March 17, 2008 TA Crossing I would be more than happy to teach you how to apply a "Scarlet O'Hara technique" when wanting/needing something!! Works for me every time!:p (look and sound pitiful :eek: you can wring your hands, if you like~~~beggin' in a weak 'lit voice also helps)

Even works in the longgggg line at Heathrow! (that's another story)

I received an e-mail from Blue Lagoon Dr. in Miami~~~~

Start buying: PLAID clothes and items! I guess redoin' our Suites would be taking the "theme" toooo far!

Happy Trails and Sails

Martita B.

Blackie,

Kilts for the handsome Nowegian "Bridge Boy's?" It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Captain Rikard steps out donning his Norway kilt~~~or his Irish Plaids~~~he is, afterall married to an Irish lassie. Joe McCormack was quite elated to hear of next year's theme~~~he didn't bring his kilt this Crossing as he left it in Scotland for his nephew to wear to his wedding.

As my hertiage is County Wexford, Ireland (Roche is our Sir name)

but my married name is (Mac) Henderson, from Fort William, Scotland, I do indeed have a Henderson Tartan~~~and YES, I am honored to BEAR ARM'S! (watch'a'le :eek: ~~~ ha ha)

Which should I choose????:confused:

Someone surely needs to take many photos!

Pinkie

Someone surely needs to take many photos!

Pinkie,

I assume that was your demure request for me to start taking more people photos! Well, I have two 1 GB photo cards so I can take about 500 high resolution images in one sitting before having to download them to my laptop. I also have a fully charged spare battery to keep my flash a-flashin' and camera snapping away. ;)

Will the "Glad in Plaid" event be a formal or coat and tie affair? Please advise.

Blackbird: Thanks for the link to the Kilt & Thistle Scotish Shoppes! I see they take American Express so I am good to go! :D

Peachy,

Your being THE official photographer will be grrrreat! And yes, pleeeze take more "people pictures!" Certainly will be a colorful album!

As many Crosser's will not know to bring PLAID clothing, I'm guessing it will be an invitation ship's special "affair"(sent by the HotMan) perhaps in the Club or Constellation Lounge one evening~~~a cocktail party. Either formal or dress-up Country Club attire. It would be fun just to leave it to the Guests as to what they would enjoy wearing~~~

Any ideas or suggestions??? All welcomed!

Pinkie

Grannylorr,

Am thrilled you and Hubby will be joining us on the Pride Crossing!

(I kept my fingers X'ed) I really think before March 17, 2008 an A cat will become available.;)

Also for you, Peachy and other Crosser's: I went on e-bay to check out "vintage Plaids"~~~found many kilts and kilt accessories! We need not pay a fortune for our Pride Crossing costumes! I have NO idea what I'll wear!

Happy Sailing's,:p

Pinkie

Miss Lorraine,

While during our Pride March 17, 2008 TA Crossing I would be more than happy to teach you how to apply a "Scarlet O'Hara technique" when wanting/needing something!! Works for me every time!:p (look and sound pitiful :eek: you can wring your hands, if you like~~~beggin' in a weak 'lit voice also helps)

Martha somehow I don't think "g'day mate, owsyagoin" in an Aussie accent would have quite the same effect as a southern belle type voice!

But NOW WE ARE BOOKED.......how on earth am I going to pack for 85 days!! Oh dear what a problem LOL.....who was it mentioned I might need the laundry service? think it was johnnycruise.....and I'm sure he is right! Have to find an airline from Portugal back to the USA that wont try to take half my luggage off me! I have contacted our TA (only used one for the original flights) and she is holding off on confirming our return date....now have to figure if we want to stay in Lisbon a few days, or as BB suggested....Dublin......oh dear....more decisions.

Grannylorr,

Please stay in Lisbon after we all disembark. John B. and I are hosting a "special Torre Belem pier" party to send the Pride off in style~~~it will be the 5th year in a row we've stood, waved my Seabourn flag and said, "Bon Voyage Pride-ites!" We'll meet at the

Torre Belem pier at 5:00 p.m. This year there were 12 of us~~~as the Pride passed we laughed and noticed the ship was listing~~as Guests, Officer's, Staff and Crew leaned over the railings waving at us. Captain Rikard played a tune for us~~~(same 'lit ditty that Capt. T.T. has played to me in the past) We all had a blast~~had a glass of red wine together and toasted our safe voyage across the Atlantic! I took white flower's and we tossed them into the sea, in honor and remembrance of passed loved ones~~my flowers were for my Mother, Deborah, Herman Diaz, and Henning's Mother and Grandfather. It was a most touching few minutes as we had all lost special loved ones. Sooooo please spend the night in Lisbon and come join us!

Happy Travels!:p

Martita B.

Blackie,

Just a few~~~but I do know the "roads" pretty well : to Lisbon and back from Tower Bridge, London.

I like sea days~~~~smooth or rough! Guess I could write a best seller expose'~~~title it, "HOW Much is TOO MUCH?" On the cover a picture of the Pride Castle with a long stemmed red rose across it~~~~(would make money from those that paid me NOT to mention their names!! ha ha ha)

Pinkie

Misses Pinkie & Lorraine,

After my first look-see at available flights from Lisbon to LAX, I probably will stay one night in Lisboa after the crossing before flying home and would like to join the Torre Belem pier party! Lorraine, you may want to consider the following:

On Sunday the day we arrive in Lisboa, Continental has 3 flight options. All of them start with CO 45 from LIS to EWR (Newark, NY) and three flights with different departure times to get you to LAX at 6:02, 8:14 and 10:54 pm the same day. US Customs regulations require all airline passengers to go through US Customs at the first US point of entry. Flight CO 45 continues on to LAX but the layover times is 1 hour 25 minutes. This I consider risky as all the baggage has to be offloaded from the plane, you will have to go through US Immigration, collect your bags and go through US Customs and place your bags on the luggage transfer conveyor belt (if EWR is like JFK) and make a dash for the departure gate of your flight (it might be different than the arrival gate). If a couple of jumbo jets arrive at the same time, that may overload the system. I will be using the Seabourn Luggage Valet Service and I would be uncomfortable flying CO 45 to LAX. You could take one of the later non-stop connecting flights to LAX.

Monday morning at 7:45 am SwissAir flies to Zürich and connects for a non-stop flight to LAX arriving at 4:40 pm the same day. I prefer this itinerary to ensure that I get to the airport on time and home at the earliest hour. The cost savings of these flights will pay for the night in Lisbon. Lorraine, I hope you and Hubby spend a night or two in LA (even the LAX Embassy Suites) before continuing your journey. If you plan on flying "straight through" you both will feel like "Death Warmed Over" by the time you reach The Land of Oz and home. In about 3 weeks, the flights and schedules will be loaded into the airline reservation system for perusing nad booking.

It will be fun waving the Pride a fond farewell from Torre Belem as she sets sail on her next sojourn!

Paul....I have been doing a little searching too....the Swiss one sounds the best BUT the 7.45am departure??? :eek:....suppose I could drag myself out of bed in the middle of the night....just once!! I will have to check what time our JAL leaves LAX.....we usually stay the night at the LAX Hilton....nice and handy good shuttle service......but I have a feeling our home flight is like midnight....so would be easier to just stay at the airport and continue home.....via Tokyo!! Wonder how the jet lag will be after this marathon!

BB I checked the Irish flights....cant spell it...LOL.....and that $2000 is EUROS so about 2640 US$......then you have to add the Lisbon to Dublin, which seems is only Coach......now I could manage coach for just a couple of hours BUT the luggage allowance probably wouldn't be good enough.....and poor old Granny would have to try that Scarlet O'hara trick....somehow I don't think Id be very good at it!

Archived