Help Picking a Carnival Cruise

kruzerci

My wife and I along with some good friends are trying to make a 7 day cruise work this July. One couple in our group is really going to be on a tight budget, so we are trying to find a Carnival cruise that will work for us. It is really between the Carnival Legend, Carnival Glory, and Mariner of the Seas since we can drive to the central Florida ports, but both Carnival cruises are $300 less P/P for the week we are looking at them than a cruise on the Mariner, so we will probably go with Carnival.

I am really not familiar with the Carnival ships, I have only sailed with Carnival once and it was just a short cruise on Imagination. The iteneraries on the Glory and Legend are similar and they really don't matter because we have previously been to all of the ports on both ships, so it really comes down to which ship to choose.

I have heard good things about the Glory, haven't heard too much about the Legend, don't even know if they are in the same class or not. We really love Royal Caribbean's Voyager and Radiance class ships, are either of them comparable in any way? Any help is greatly appreciated.

class...... http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/shipscarnival.php

The Legend is Spirit class........has most of the amenities of the bigger ships but less people and an easier more comfortable deckplan. The spirit class tend to have a reputation of having a quieter Night life. It's there just not in your face type of thing. She handles the number of people well, so you won't feel as if your among thousands. If you're doing the western, Four consecutive ports is a bit tiring. One aft dining room, two seatings.

Glory....conquest class.....bigger Carnival ship with a more noticeable nightlife. Stadium deck lido area around pools and 2 dining rooms aft/mid allowing for 4 times. The mid ship dining room breaks up the deck plan so sometimes you can't get there from here withought going around. (there are a limited few GREAT 1a cabins available)

I did Triumph which is a bit smaller than the Conquest class.....LOVED IT for my first..........Did the Miracle (Spirit class).......LOVED IT MORE (didn't think that was possible)..........booked to go back to the Miracle and Glory......they are all good

The Legend is Spirit class........has most of the amenities of the bigger ships but less people and an easier more comfortable deckplan. The spirit class tend to have a reputation of having a quieter Night life. It's there just not in your face type of thing. She handles the number of people well, so you won't feel as if your among thousands. If you're doing the western, Four consecutive ports is a bit tiring. One aft dining room, two seatings.

Glory....conquest class.....bigger Carnival ship with a more noticeable nightlife. Stadium deck lido area around pools and 2 dining rooms aft/mid allowing for 4 times. The mid ship dining room breaks up the deck plan so sometimes you can't get there from here withought going around. (there are a limited few GREAT 1a cabins available)

I did Triumph which is a bit smaller than the Conquest class.....LOVED IT for my first..........Did the Miracle (Spirit class).......LOVED IT MORE (didn't think that was possible)..........booked to go back to the Miracle and Glory......they are all good

Thank you so much for that information. I know the Royal Caribbean ships like the back of my hand, but I just never learned much about the Carnival ships. It sounds like the Spirit class ships are more like the Radiance class ships on Royal Caribbean and Conquest class is more like Voyager.

I think we are probably going to go with Legend because you said that it has a more tame nightlife. That is what turned me off about Carnival on the Imagination cruise, it seemed like the partying never stopped, but I realize that it is more or less like that on any shorter cruise.

Thanks again for taking the time to help!

I have sailed both RCI and Carnival now. The Serenade was the most beautiful ship I have ever seen as far as the view from every turn. Gorgeous! Now, as far as Carnival, I was on the Pride which is the sister to the Legend and I loved it, too. The decor was different but great. I miss the oceanview glass elevators of the Serenade, but I did not have that on the Grandeur either. I actually was hoping for a little more party atmosphere than what was available on Pride. I thought we would have some kind of party at all hours, but that was not the case. Not looking to stay up all night, but maybe 2-3 am without being the only 4 in the bar at closing. We found the ship to be pretty much dead after the last show let out. But we made our own fun, and loved this cruise and ship. We are planning our next cruise on Carnival Miracle, another ship in this class, for 3/2008. We found it very easy to get around and the crowds were minimal at their worst. Plus they offer those great Cat 11 AFT wraparound suites!!:D

I just got back from a 7 day Carnival Glory cruise and it was great. There were a lot of high schoolers and they tended to be the only one out a night. The 2 waiters my family had were the best waiters you could ask for. If you go and sit at table 105 in the Golden dining room tell Clarence and Arnel Courtney said hi lol. The crew were pretty nice for the most part (only had issues with a couple) and made you feel like family. If I could go back I would right now. I definitely recommend the Glory.

Op, this is a very good statement.

I was on Legend and Liberty (sister ship). I loved them both, but Legend is the best IMHO. Lido Lay out just doesn't get it on Conquest class.

Archived