Royal Caribbean fan planning a Carnival cruise, am I crazy???

I know both lines have their devotees, but you are really discussing Motel 6 versus Econo-Lodge. Okay, maybe Holiday Inn vs Ramada

Their is not a dimes bit of difference between two. They are both mass-market, budget cruise lines.

And if you have only ever been on one cruise line, how can you judge what you like?

And please, everyone, dont take this as a criticism of either line. I am a cost conscious traveler most of the time, but I have cruised with others, that are different (better and worse) from the Big Two.

And, bottom line, any day, on any cruise ship is better than a day at work.

Nice job Dave. Sums it up perfectly!

I was in the exact same situation. I was on the Serenade this February, my fourth cruise with RCL. I also was ready for another but I am also booking a cruise for January on RCL so I was looking for a less expensive cruise. I chose the Carnival Legend b/c I got an extended balcony room for the same price as an interior room on RCL's Mariner. I cruised the boards here plenty and no one really had anything negative to say about the Legend. I have cruised once with Carnival before and it wasn't that bad of a cruise, it's not RCL but it's still worth the money.

On the Radiance class ships I don't understand why kids would need to go to the Solarium Cafe for anything. The Windjammer and Seaview Cafe is open at about the same times with the Seaview Cafe being very near the Adventure Ocean kids area. The Solarium is for adults only and that is just what it means. Adults only!!!!! If parents want something out of the Solarium Cafe then fine but keep the kids out. Very simple answer.

When I'm spending thousands of dollars for a once-a-year cruise vacation, "a day at sea is better than any day at work" just doesn't cut it. A day at home is better than a day at work and much more economical!

Choose your cruise vacation wisely. . .most of us can't afford to take one every day!

When I'm spending thousands of dollars for a once-a-year cruise vacation, "a day at sea is better than any day at work" just doesn't cut it. A day at home is better than a day at work and much more economical!

Choose your cruise vacation wisely. . .most of us can't afford to take one every day!

Agree! And it's not only money. It's OUR time, that IMHO is worth much more.

You aren't crazy, you'll love the Legend or the Glory!! I've sailed both, and have also sailed on Enchantment and Mariner. Plan your cruise, save your money, and have a great time.

I'm booked on Carnival Destiny in June and I've heard alot of negatives about it. I've asked for specifics and got some worrisome but vague responses. I wanted to know your opinion. Whatever your opinion, I can't cancel...I just want to be prepared

Archived