Miracle Last week - anyone else sick?

sugar_magnolia

Just came off of Miracle on Sunday. It was a great cruise except for the sickness - which may or may not be norovirus - that 4 in our party of 12 have (at this point) experienced. The first of us became violently ill on Wednesday night. The infirmary required that we fill out reports to the CDC, which made me wonder how many others on the ship were reporting the same illness. Also, the infirmary was pretty full when we were there. Any others experience this: sudden and violent onset of diarrhea, vomiting, low grade temp with chills?

Also note: if you do get this ill on a Carnival Cruise and go to the infirmary, expect your cabin to be quarantined and have a deep cleaning. They will not allow you to leave your room for public spaces or especially leave the ship without an approval of your health status from the ships Dr.

I'm so sorry you were sick.

We were also on the miracle but did not get sick.

I noticed that Carnival does not do the nice hand sanitizer that RCCL does. You swipe your hands as you enter the dining room as well as when you enter the ship from port. It always made me feel alittle cleaner.

I noticed that Carnival does not do the nice hand sanitizer that RCCL does. You swipe your hands as you enter the dining room as well as when you enter the ship from port. It always made me feel alittle cleaner.

Carnival does not do the nice hand sanitizers like RCCL and NCL because they do make you FEEL a little cleaner but, they don't take care of the problem. Carnival play a great info clip (even if it does drive you crazy by the end of the cruise:) )telling you that the sanitizers do not kill the virus. The only thing that helps is washing hands before hitting the buffet line:D. It is the actual washing under running water that gets ride of those nasty little buggers for you. (I do keep a hand sanitizer with me at all times while traveling though because it makes me fell better;) )

How right you are. Purell, as used by RCL, kills 99% of BACTERIA, which is not a virus. Soap and water with solid hand rubbing is what does the trick, not just water as I've seen many do:eek:

Carnival does not do the nice hand sanitizers like RCCL and NCL because they do make you FEEL a little cleaner but, they don't take care of the problem. Carnival play a great info clip (even if it does drive you crazy by the end of the cruise:) )telling you that the sanitizers do not kill the virus. The only thing that helps is washing hands before hitting the buffet line:D. It is the actual washing under running water that gets ride of those nasty little buggers for you. (I do keep a hand sanitizer with me at all times while traveling though because it makes me fell better;) )

Just came off of Miracle on Sunday. It was a great cruise except for the sickness - which may or may not be norovirus - that 4 in our party of 12 have (at this point) experienced. The first of us became violently ill on Wednesday night. The infirmary required that we fill out reports to the CDC, which made me wonder how many others on the ship were reporting the same illness. Also, the infirmary was pretty full when we were there. Any others experience this: sudden and violent onset of diarrhea, vomiting, low grade temp with chills?

Also note: if you do get this ill on a Carnival Cruise and go to the infirmary, expect your cabin to be quarantined and have a deep cleaning. They will not allow you to leave your room for public spaces or especially leave the ship without an approval of your health status from the ships Dr.

Sorry you were sick. My aunt and uncle were on the Miracle in February and also came down sick the morning after embarkation. They were quarantined for 5 of the 7 days they were on board. The Aunt was not impressed with the nurse on board as she was very rude. The doctor told them they could not have anything but water and soup and it was hell getting the steward to bring them ice. To make matters worse they were traveling with relatives who were on their first cruise! My Aunt was glad they had a balcony as they could sit outside and get fresh air while quarantined.

I'm so sorry you were sick.

We were also on the miracle but did not get sick.

I can't believe with all the breakouts on the ships these days, that hand sanitizers arent EVERYWHERE on the ship!! I carry small bottles for each person in my family to put in their pockets.

My ten year old suffered greatly last year on RCCL's Mariner of the Seas. I've never seen her so sick. Once they gave her a "shot" she improved greatly, so don't ever hesitate to go to the infirmary.....and YES, we were quarantined to our cabin for 3 days of our cruise.

Just a question! How do they enforce a quarantine? I can see your s&s card being flagged and not allowed off the ship, but how do they keep you in your cabin?

I know while very ill you would not want to leave.

Just a question! How do they enforce a quarantine? I can see your s&s card being flagged and not allowed off the ship, but how do they keep you in your cabin?

I know while very ill you would not want to leave.

Well, they had a pretty big outbreak on our ship so security was wandering the halls a lot. Also, they give a list of the sick people to all the cabin attendants. My husband tried to leave the cabin a couple of times to get food and our cabin attendant was always right there to warn us not to leave the cabin. It was NOT a good experience. RCCL wound up giving us $2000 for our next cruise......but, we are going back to Carnival for our cruise this summer.

Archived