Question

lawyerrose

The last few cruises I've booked with online agencies. Got the prices, but then actually called them instead of booking strickly online. Spoke to whomever answered. I've been satisfied as to the price, but the "service" is definitely lacking. It took me months, for instance, to get a brochure for a cruise I booked. Several other things came up and I've found it difficult to get my booking agent or resolve issues when I do. Sooooo, I'm thinking maybe a local agent, where I could actually sit down face-to-face and plan a cruise, might be better. But I'm wondering if I'll pay a lot more for that personal touch. I remember that my Mom used to have a local agent who used to find her terrific deals on cruises. What are your experiences? Do you use local agents? Are they as cheap or cheaper than the consolidators and/or big online cruise dealers? Are they worth it? Do I have to keep doing the online thing to get the best deals? I'm really not sure what way to go on this. Any help would be appreciated.:)

Rose

The last few cruises I've booked with online agencies. Got the prices, but then actually called them instead of booking strickly online. Spoke to whomever answered. I've been satisfied as to the price, but the "service" is definitely lacking. It took me months, for instance, to get a brochure for a cruise I booked. Several other things came up and I've found it difficult to get my booking agent or resolve issues when I do. Sooooo, I'm thinking maybe a local agent, where I could actually sit down face-to-face and plan a cruise, might be better. But I'm wondering if I'll pay a lot more for that personal touch. I remember that my Mom used to have a local agent who used to find her terrific deals on cruises. What are your experiences? Do you use local agents? Are they as cheap or cheaper than the consolidators and/or big online cruise dealers? Are they worth it? Do I have to keep doing the online thing to get the best deals? I'm really not sure what way to go on this. Any help would be appreciated.:)

Rose

I also find that customer service on the web is lacking! I booked my last cruise direct with princess and was able to get two ba cabins on caribe deck that weren't available on any other web site with $150 off pp and $100 shipboard credit. Not sure if booking direct all the time is the best deal but it was this time!

The last few cruises I've booked with online agencies. Got the prices, but then actually called them instead of booking strickly online. Spoke to whomever answered. I've been satisfied as to the price, but the "service" is definitely lacking....

You get what you pay for. If you have done all your research yourself, why pay someone a premium for services you don't need.

If you need information, use a T/A.

There are large online firms with offices and everything. But be aware some online T/A' are no more than someone working a second job from a spare bedroom.

We usually go with our TA except in isolated instances. We do our research on the web... find out what to expect to pay.. then call / email her and she is able to match or get real close....

We like having someone who can handle all the little things... and she has been able to also able to get us price drops.

Archived