For $200 a D1 is better than an E1 on Radiance?

The additional room is well worth $200. My DH insists on the larger cabin. I haven't told him about the JS & I hope he never finds out! He knows there are suites & that the prices are too high, but I'm sure he's push for the JS if he knew it existed.

Is the E3 ok for a solo cruiser? I usually get the JS when there are two of us traveling, but next year on the Radiance I am going solo and thought the E3 would be fine. I did get a hump cabin 7082 so I am hoping it will be ok with just one person. I wanted the balcony but didn't want to pay a fortune since I was traveling alone.

Never been in an E1 but we had a D1 and LOVED it! The full couch actually really added alot - and it was actually comfy!! It was nice to vegg on the couch to watch movies or hang out w/new friends instead of sitting on the bed. Also, when we'd walk by the E1's we could definitely notice a difference. Our cabin seemed much deeper.

Laura

It's totally worth it on a onger cruise. We had an E1 on Freedom and were stunned at the difference the space makes when we visited our friends D1. Same wifth but much deeper. The sofa feels like a sofa and not just a wide chair.

IMO, it would depend on the location of the cabin. We spent 11 nights in an E1 on our Med. cruise and did just fine. We really don't need the full sofa to be comfortable in our cabin.

Now, if the location of both cabins were similar, I'd take the D1 as the extra room is always nice. Since we prefer the hump cabins on Radiance class ships having the balcony reach out a little further is nice as well.

We had our first E1 on Brilliance a few weeks ago, and it was perfectly adequate for 2. Just booked 8086 (specifically asked for) for the 15 night Hawaii next fall. If you give DH space to pile stuff, he will fill it up! In our D1 on the Jewel, there was never a moment to sit on that couch because it was always being used for his "filing" LOL. I can save the money and keep the junk to a minimum.:D

We went with a D1 on the Hump for our 15 night Hawaii cruise next October. I would have loved the space of a JS even more, but it was $2200 more. DD who will be five does just fine in showers so won't really miss the bath.

It's totally worth it on a onger cruise. We had an E1 on Freedom and were stunned at the difference the space makes when we visited our friends D1. Same wifth but much deeper. The sofa feels like a sofa and not just a wide chair.
Agreee -- it would have been worth it for a 7 nighter. Had an E1 after having D's and really missed the bigger cabin and some extra storage.

Archived