Awesome Beach Map

TravelWorks

Hi everyone...

I was trying to get a perspective how close things were and which beaches were close to what I wanted to see and I came across this map.

The cruise ship's port in St Johns, Antigua....

So you can see which beaches are closest and which are a little further and which are near to the Admiral Nelson's ship yards!

Good Luck!

TravelWorks!

CAR_HAWK.map.gif

Here are some pictures of each beach!

Since I am visual...I thought this might help someone else that needs to see what they are getting themselves into.

DICKENSON'S BAY BEACH:

antigua-Dickenson.jpg

TURNER'S BEACH

(a lot of cruise lines take you here after the Nelson's dockyard history tour)

562.jpg

LONG BAY BEACH

pineape.jpgIMG_0083.JPG

These are wonderful pictures. Thanks for putting them all in one place. I recently spent hours searching for pictures of the beaches. How to choose??? I think we've decided on Jolly Beach. Anybody been there? If so, are there any amenities?

I couldn't decide which beach to go to...so i just chartered a sail on a 70 foot catamaran that's through a tour operator named www.treaureislandcruises.ag

to cicumnavigate the whole darn island and see them all...

the tour takes like 7 or 8 hours.....because they said they would meet us at the pier at 9am and that we would be back between 4:15 to 4:45pm...

It was $100 pp.

So I will let everyone know how it was when I get back...

I'll be there May 2nd...

I hope it is good.

Ciao`

We are on the Liberty and will be in Antigua June 27th. Your pics of beaches are beautiful!!. We will be there a full day, 7am - 6pm. What beach would you recommed for the entire day? My Mom is 80 and will be with us. No rocks, least amount of walking. Food and drinks definitley a must.

Thanks, Kathy

Oh thank you so much for the Map & pictures. Now instead of just going to Pineapple Beach I want to go to all the beaches and I cant wait!!! I also like to have a map for each of my scrapbook pages so this is great. Thanks again so so much!!

Max's Mom:

Hey there!!! How are you doing?

Not sure if this will help you but attached is a link to show where Darkwood Beach is. The blue block labeled Number 4 is the beach. Hope this helps.

http://www.antiguanice.com/maps/antigua/m-c1.htm

Send me an email when you get a chance and let me know how everything is going. Say Hi to Mr. SeaPass for me! LOL

Sea ya!

Well.....It's amazing who you can get to answer questions for you on this board!! How ya' doin', Trish! Thanks for that info. Have you been to Darkwood? Can't decide which beach that "Mr. Seapass" and I will visit. I'll send that e-mail soon! It's been a busy time!

Hey Max's Mom:

Fantastic to hear from you. Glad you and Mr. SeaPass are doing well. I figure you would be busy now but nice to see you on CC! :)

I haven't been to Antigua before and in December will be our first visit. So far the favorite beach is Long Bay Beach since it has facilities (bar, restrooms, restaurant, chair rental, shade, calm water, etc.). I checked out pictures on webshots.com to try and get a visual of everything. With 365 beaches to choose from, this was not easy.

We still don't know if we'll be traveling with a baby so I have to start looking into everything now just in case our adoption goes through. It's not easy that's for sure.

Hope the map will help you and good luck deciding!

Sea ya!

Antigua was my favorite island while on our Serenade of the Seas cruise a while back..... we rented a car and drove all around the island..... stopping at Long Bay for some beach time..... very nice ! This island is very rural with nice hills, trees and palms.... like a tropical Texas Hill Country :D . Many many beautiful vistas.... and Fig Tree Drive was awesome.

Antigua was my favorite island while on our Serenade of the Seas cruise a while back..... we rented a car and drove all around the island..... stopping at Long Bay for some beach time..... very nice ! This island is very rural with nice hills, trees and palms.... like a tropical Texas Hill Country :D . Many many beautiful vistas.... and Fig Tree Drive was awesome.

How was it renting a car? Do you recommend it? Which agency did you use?

stopping at Long Bay for some beach time..... very nice !

I would like to hear more about Long Bay Beach if you don't mind. What kind of amenities did the beach have (chair/umbrella rentals/costs, food, beverages, etc.) Any input would be greatly appreciated. Will be spending some time at Long Bay in December and with baby (if our adoption goes through).

Thanks!

THANK YOU so much for the most fabulous pictures! Breath-taking!!!

I wonder if anyone knows which beach has the best snorkeling? We really want to hang out on the beach and snorkel all day while in Antigua.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!

Archived