Whale watching in Icy Strait Point

luvscruising2007

We didn't take this particular tour, but we were in Icy Strait Point in June 2006. There were humpback whales everywhere! They were feeding vigorously in groups and put on quite a display. They were remarkably close to shore. I think you stand a good chance to see plenty of humpbacks on your tour!

We took the whale watching tour in Juneau which guarantees you will spot whales. We weren't disppointed (see photo)

Bon Voy-ah-gee!

LL

humpback1.jpg.f522cea8234bde41edf63a75e65c1831.jpg

If this is a ship tour, you are better off independent. The ship tours go out for 2 hours, the independents up to twice as long. Longer is better for viewing opportunities and to perhaps get a look at varied behavior.

If this is a ship tour, you are better off independent. The ship tours go out for 2 hours, the independents up to twice as long. Longer is better for viewing opportunities and to perhaps get a look at varied behavior.

Budget Queen,

I sent you an e-mail when you have time could oyu please answer all of my questions! Thank you for your time.

Archived