QE2 - Christmas Market Cruise Dec 6 2007

PAW

Hello all,

I enjoyed this discussion board a few years ago when I first took QE2 on her last trans-atlantic season crossing.

We have now booked the Christmas Market cruise in 12/07.

Anyone have any experience with room 4111?

Anyone been to these ports & have any insight into distances from the city - local busses or trains close to the docking areas? We prefer to explore on our own & not take the shore excursions. How do I find out where the docking will be for this trip?

Last question - Caronia Restaurant is only 1 seating time?

Thanks for your help!

PWP

Hello all,

I enjoyed this discussion board a few years ago when I first took QE2 on her last trans-atlantic season crossing.

We have now booked the Christmas Market cruise in 12/07.

Anyone have any experience with room 4111?

Anyone been to these ports & have any insight into distances from the city - local busses or trains close to the docking areas? We prefer to explore on our own & not take the shore excursions. How do I find out where the docking will be for this trip?

Last question - Caronia Restaurant is only 1 seating time?

Thanks for your help!

PWP

You can dine anytime between 7 & 9pm ! :D

regards,

Gavin.:cool:

I am on this cruise as well :) Oslo and Hamburg, the ship docks close to the city. Not been to Rotterdam, but Queen Victoria is in at the same day, so don't think I will be going very far from the the docks. Got to have a good look at her and see what I think. Doubt I will get to do more than look from a distance. I really should have made more of an effort to get to know Captain Wright, when I saild with in on QE2 some years ago. :lol:

And as Gavin has said, meals in Caronia are between 7 and 9pm.

Anyone been to these ports & have any insight into distances from the city - local busses or trains close to the docking areas? We prefer to explore on our own & not take the shore excursions.

Oslo - A pleasant city. My recollection is that you dock centrally and the city is well within walking distance.

Hamburg - I've never been by cruise ship, but the city has plenty to interest you for a day.

Rotterdam - Again vaguely interesting. Don't be tempted to take the tour to Amsterdam - it's a 3 hour transfer each way - there's sufficient to see in Rotterdam for a day.

We're with you - not ones for taking the organised excursions either. We tend to invest in guide books that give an idea of the places we're visiting and then invest in a taxi to take us to the places we want to see.

Caronia Restaurant is only 1 seating time?

As others have said - no seating, dine when you like:)

Hamburg - the city has plenty to interest you for a day.
You spent a whole day on the Reeperbahn!?! Naughty Malcom!

Rotterdam - Again vaguely interesting.

Beware! there's a new tart in town - very flash - KenC's kinda gal!

We went to Rotterdam as part of an Arcadia cruise 2 years ago and as been said you dock in the centre after sailing up the river past some of the ww2 battle fields.It's a plesent walk into town past the new maritine museum which is worth a visit.

• 1 month later...

Archived