Cruises out of Baltimore

finkfizzle

I know some people were curious about B-more cruises. RC is only schdeuling 16 cruises in 2008 out of the port. However, the port administration has announced that they have another cruise line in place to replace the RC cruises. Official announcement is due next month. The new line will go to the E Caribbean and New England. Just saw on the news.

Oh, that's great-- where did you hear this? In sunpapers? I had heard Carnival may come back-- so keep checking this site to see if any news. We cruise out of Baltimore each year & love the convenience for our family. Sad that Grandeur is leaving-- but it also made me a little happy to try a different ship (one surely should come, replace her). thanks

Here's the only info that I could find: http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=f850e2c0-fa4d-454e-ac68-2efe61b39992

Apr 13, 2007 1:05 PM

New Cruise Line headed to Baltimore

Posted By: Omari Hughes

cruise-line.jpg

Word that Royal Caribbean may be ready to cut back on its cruises from the port of Baltimore next year has stirred the business waters in Charm City. But today ABC2 news has learned Baltimore will be gaining cruise business in 2008 with the arrival of a second cruise line. New arrival times required in Bermuda will force Royal Caribbean to cut back from 29 to just 16 voyages setting sail from Baltimore. At stake is some of the 56 million dollars worth of business in the city generated by more than 125 thousand passengers last year. But the Director of the Maryland Port Administration, Brooks Royster, says a second cruise line, which he plans to formally announce next month, should help the city exceed those numbers. The MD Port Administration Director says, "we've known about this for quite some time. It's not something that was sprung on us. They let us know. We have a business relationship. We have a partnership with RCCL. They let us know it was coming, gave us an opportunity to fill the donut hole. We filled it. Stay tuned." We have learned the new cruise line in Baltimore will provide new destinations in the Eastern Caribbean and along New England.

I really hope Carnival starts sailing out of Baltimore. I'd still choose to fly reather than drive, but roundtrip flights from Columbus to Baltimore are cheap cheap cheap! I'll be waiting for the official announcement of which cruiseline it's going to be!

New arrival times required in Bermuda will force Royal Caribbean to cut back from 29 to just 16 voyages setting sail from Baltimore.

Thanks for the update! Does anyone know what are the new requirements for arrival into Bermuda?

When I heard RCCL was cutting back, I was hoping we'd get another choice-- and sounds like our wishes are coming true! I have never sailed Carnival but would definitely give it a spin. We love sailing out of Baltimore-- and have made it a family tradition for the past 5 years. Watch, we'll probably get the little Norwegian Crown again (lol)! At least we know it won't be Zenith (thank goodness!)

Fantastic news!!!! I love leaving out of Baltimore, I can't wait to see what cruise line. We cruised on the Carnival Miracle a few years ago and for a local, there's nothing like cruising under the Bay Bridge!!!!

Archived