? Re Circle Hawaii Cruises from San Diego/LA

lstrong

I prefer visiting the islands in the Fall months rather than the Spring. Spring, traditionally has rainy, cool weather. The Fall is usually calm and moderate weather (70-80's). We have friends that live in Ohau and they recommended visiting in the Fall as well.

I prefer visiting the islands in the Fall months rather than the Spring. Spring, traditionally has rainy, cool weather. The Fall is usually calm and moderate weather (70-80's). We have friends that live in Ohau and they recommended visiting in the Fall as well.

We love the fall months and prefer them, but I think that "cool" for spring is kind of relative. We've visited in February and March a few times and have always had temps in the high 70s to low 80s--certainly not "cool" for me. It can certainly be rainier in the spring, that's for sure, but we've also had trips in the spring with just the usual scattered showers off and on, here and there.

beachchick

My husband and I are planning on taking the Sept 08 cruise on Radiance to Hawaii. What are the advantages to booking this far out? Will the prices be cheaper? Does anyone have any suggestions for a hotel for the night pre cruise near the cruise terminal? We are from the east coast and figure we should arrive a day early. Thanks for anyone's help!

Linda

My husband and I are planning on taking the Sept 08 cruise on Radiance to Hawaii. What are the advantages to booking this far out? Will the prices be cheaper? Does anyone have any suggestions for a hotel for the night pre cruise near the cruise terminal? We are from the east coast and figure we should arrive a day early. Thanks for anyone's help!

Linda

Although we are not in San Diego, but 2 hours away. for our Oct Sailing, if we were to go in night before, I was looking at the Best Western Bayside Inn. that is just 4 blocks from the Terminal, striaght up Ash, 555 W Ash, Ph: 1- 800-454-6835. There is also a Holiday Inn on N Harbor Dr by the Terminal, more costly. We booked our Oct 2008 Hawaii Cruise on the Radiance 16 months out to be sure we got our rooms. You are wise to come in Day before and can land in San Diego. Not knowing where on East coast but I would say close to a 6 Hr flight. Your advantage we are 3 hrs behind you. Coming in day before you can relax, knowing your here <g>

6 OF US ARE GOING ON THE CELEBRITY SUMMIT SEPT. 28TH..CAN HARDLY WAIT! ALL THOSE WONDERFUL SEA DAYS AND WE ARE GOING OUT OF SAN DIEGO. NANCIE

4 of us are going on the diamond princess 0ct 19, leaving from LA was thinking of taking the summit, but no laundromat need to to wash clothes. the princess line has one. :p

My husband and I are planning on taking the Sept 08 cruise on Radiance to Hawaii. What are the advantages to booking this far out? Will the prices be cheaper?

I recommend booking your Hawaii cruise ASAP... We are going on Serenade in Oct 2007. We booked the second day the cruise was available for sale.... two or three days later the price went up about $200 per person... a few days after that it went up another $300-$400 per person. It was sold out within 3 weeks of opening up. Some cabins have since opened up, but they are currently selling at double the cost we paid.

We just returned from our 15-day Island Princess cruise to Hawaii. It was just WONDERFUL! I do urge anyone planning a RT to Hawaii from the West Coast to check the itinerary carefully as not all ships include the Island of Kauai in their itinerary. If that is an important port for you, be sure it is included. Just our opinion since it happens to be our favorite island!

• 4 weeks later...
I leaned last night it will be the Radiance of the Seas doing the 15 day Hawaii Rt out of SD, booked this AM for ourselves and friends. Serenade isn't doing Hawaii in Oct 08.

I just booked a cabin today on the Serenade of the Seas for October 3, 2008 to Hawaii.

CJ :) :)

Archived