Best Place to Eat in Seattle

miami

What are you looking for? If you are staying near the Seattle Center, the entire city is open to you since the monorail is up and running. There's the Wild Ginger, and any of the Tom Douglas restaurants, Benihanas, we like the Cheesecake Factory, Anthony's Homeport at Pier 66, McCormick and Schmicks, Vons..... If you take the monorail, the building where it stops has a great food court, you'll be able to find something for everyone at a decent price. We have great food here - so many choices it's hard to pin it down without knowing what your tastes are.

Von's is one of my favorite places to eat near Seattle Center. Not expensive, good service and food. Of course if you want a view, you can go down toward the water and eat at Ivor's or some other place that caters to the tourist trade. I love Wild Ginger for unusual and creative food.

I've traveled to Seattle many times, I stay at the Marriott across from the pier but walk up the hills into town to Etta's..one of the best places I've ever eaten..great service,great variety...Anthony's is a little overated,IMO.

Menina

We will be in Seattle the day before our cruise and would like opinions on good places to eat. We (11 of us) are staying near Seattle Center.

Von's is one of my favorite places to eat near Seattle Center. Not expensive, good service and food. Of course if you want a view, you can go down toward the water and eat at Ivor's or some other place that caters to the tourist trade. I love Wild Ginger for unusual and creative food.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt Von's on Pike between 6th & 7th? That would be downtown Seattle not the Seattle Center - Thanks.

Is a chain..the last place I'd want to go in Seattle although it's good..Seattle is known for it's eatieries.

My wife and I love Boat St. cafe. Its near Denny & Western. If we have our kids along we go to Buca Di Beppo's.

I've traveled to Seattle many times, I stay at the Marriott across from the pier but walk up the hills into town to Etta's..one of the best places I've ever eaten..great service,great variety...Anthony's is a little overated,IMO.

Menina

We are staying at the Marriott in June and Etta's looks like just the spot for us from their web site. I'm curious though, is there a direct route to walk? I put the 2 addresses in Mapquest and it of course assumed I'd be driving. It looks like you could cut through a park if you are walking and if so it would be only a very short walk. Is that true?

We are staying at the Marriott in June and Etta's looks like just the spot for us from their web site. I'm curious though, is there a direct route to walk? I put the 2 addresses in Mapquest and it of course assumed I'd be driving. It looks like you could cut through a park if you are walking and if so it would be only a very short walk. Is that true?

I would walk, even if it were raining:D . There is a elevator/stairs just south of the Marriott Waterfront, take those up and walk across the skybridge, up the hill and your will be on the corner of Western. Cross Western and take a right and Etta's is about a half a block from there.

• 3 weeks later...

The Brooklyn near the Seattle Art Museum ( SAM) is a fantastic place. Seafood, particularly oysters on the half shell, steak.Great salads. We make sure to go there every time we are in Seattle.

We also really like The Dahlia which is within walking distance of the Westin Hotel. WONDERFUL!

Sorry, I don't know if these places are convenient to your location.:confused:

MG

Archived