Midnight Buffet????

lawyerrose

I'm going on the Caribbean Princess in December. Looked at the Princess Patters that someone else posted and didn't see any mention of a midnight buffet. No food at midnight???!!! Is it true there's no midnight buffet??:eek:

Many of the Princess ships have done away with the midnight buffets. However, many of them have 24 hours buffets or, as in the case of the Crown, others venues such as the International Cafe that offer munchies 24/7. As a last resort, there is always room service. Bon Voyage!

We were on the CB last September and they put out a buffet every night somewhere around 11:00 or 11:30 - some salads and fruit, cold cuts, some hot food (they were usually centered around a theme) and desserts.

We were on the CB last September and they put out a buffet every night somewhere around 11:00 or 11:30 - some salads and fruit, cold cuts, some hot food (they were usually centered around a theme) and desserts.

Oh, that sounds nice. Sorta like a "midnight buffet" without all the hoopla. I was beginning to get worried! :p

Many of the Princess ships have done away with the midnight buffets. However, many of them have 24 hours buffets or, as in the case of the Crown, others venues such as the International Cafe that offer munchies 24/7. As a last resort, there is always room service. Bon Voyage!

I love your "prescription for a happy life" Right on!!

Oh, that sounds nice. Sorta like a "midnight buffet" without all the hoopla. I was beginning to get worried! :p
Exactly. Whether you're a very early riser, want a late lunch after a tour, or something to eat at midnight or 1AM, the buffet is open and has a variety of food available. The offerings are tailored to the time of day and overlap at some times with, for instance, lunch being set up on one side of the buffet while you can still get an omelet on the other. You'll never go hungry on a Princess ship.

They are closing down the buffets now at 11:00. So what used to be a great late night snack option is going, going, gone. So you better hope your not too hungry at night. Some reported taking food to their cabins before the buffets close. Too bad, was a nice perk before the cutback and extra charges that started when the Crown came out. The Crown has ruined a lot of things that made Pricess a great cruise line.

Brad 1185 ---- Is it true that the buffets are closing at 11:00? Does that refer to the Horizon Court? We were on the Grand in Dec. and really enjoyed going up there for a late night snack, especially all the mini desert items. We hope someone can reassure us that the buffet is still open late at night.

They are closing down the buffets now at 11:00. So what used to be a great late night snack option is going, going, gone. So you better hope your not too hungry at night. Some reported taking food to their cabins before the buffets close. Too bad, was a nice perk before the cutback and extra charges that started when the Crown came out. The Crown has ruined a lot of things that made Pricess a great cruise line.
This was NOT the case on the Coral princess this year...lots of variety at the buffet late at night, with desserts, snacks, sandwiches...

We were on the Coral in Oct. and the Horizon Ct. was open 24 hr. In addition, there were some evenings when they had special themed buffets set up in the atrium or other lounges. We got our cruise docs a couple weeks ago for our June cruise and the "answer book" shows Horizon Ct. open 24 hours, so we're counting on that!

They started closing the Horizon Ct at 11:00 on the Crown.

They way Princess has been doing things lately, I would not be surprised to see the trend continue on other ships.

I really enjoyed going to the Horizon around 11:30 and getting a salad, etc. They really had some great choices. No other cruise line can match Princess late night Horizon.

It looks like the 24 hr. dining venue on the Crown is the International Cafe. They probably don't see the need to have more than one dining area open at 3:00 am. I don't really blame them for that, there are not a lot of people up in the middle of the night. It is nice to be able to get a snack if you are, though!

The Horizon has some food but nothing, I mean nothing compared to RCCL! No chocolate buffet, no extravagent buffets with large selections of foods and beautiful ice carvings, just limited selection of sandwiches, and a few other snacks. BTW, the room service selection is very limited too. You cannot order dinner service unless you have a suite.

Your other option is hamburgers, fries, & pizza.

Archived