Past Guest Cards?

steff613

We sailed last march, and I notice on Carnival's web site we have a past guest number but we never received any member card or anything of that sort. Does carnival do that or is it kept in their records only?

I don't have a past guest member ID card or anything, but when you sail, your sail and sign card will be a different color to show that you are a past guest. I just keep my number written down, it's amazing how often you'll refer to it when you are a total cruise addict.

Others may have gotten a card, but I don't ever remember getting one? :confused:

We sailed last march, and I notice on Carnival's web site we have a past guest number but we never received any member card or anything of that sort. Does carnival do that or is it kept in their records only?

remember to use that number when you re-book. and if you have already re-booked, call and get it linked to the booking. this is how they will keep track of your cruise history. when reach 10, you become platinum w/ a host of nice perks.:)

Just call Carnival and someone will look it up and give it to you over the phone. There is no card, but as stated it will be on your next S&S Card (if the system knows you are a Past Guest, which means you should find it out and make sure it is referenced on your next booking) and eventually on the label of the Currents Magazine they should send to you. If you have other family memebers that you need to know their Past Guest numbers for, they should let you know them also.

ON your next sailing, keep your S&S card, it will have your past guest number on it for future reference.

Also on the Currents magazine will have the number.

Our first cruise with Carnival was this past November. We have not received a Currents magazine. Is this something all past guest receive and if so how often is it published?

Our first cruise with Carnival was this past November. We have not received a Currents magazine. Is this something all past guest receive and if so how often is it published?
You can read some of the articles online - http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/currents/currents_home.aspx

I remember calling Guest Services and one of the options was Currents magazine. You might try calling 1-800-CARNIVA

I am looking at my s & s card. Is it the folio number or is it the one in the top right corner that is under the ships name and date of travel?

No, the PG number shows up on your second S&S card, the folio number is what your onboard charges were charged to.

Currents is published in the spring and the fall. You are a tweener, the next one should be your first one.

I have an 8 number PG, and you don't get a complementary Currents until you've completed your 2nd sailing on Carnival, then as others have said your Sail and Sign will be gold until your 10th, then it will be Platinum and you get to VIP board/disembark, never need a tender sticker, priority seating in the dining room at the time and table of your choice, free wash and fold laundry, discounts in the spa and priority reservations in the supper club. However, not all ports have VIP services. I just got back from the Freedom and there was VIP boarding but then an agent came and got us and took us to the next available general boarding agent. There is no real self assist or VIP debarkation in Civitavecchia, but it was still a very fast debarkation process. However in the future if in Europe I won't be getting off the boat until closer to when my transport is suppose to pick me up. We got off when our number was called about 6:45am and our driver wasn't suppose to be there until 8:30 and it was very cold and there isn't anyplace to sit, so it was a very long morning. We would have been better just to hang out at the buffet and get off the ship about 8:00

I received my Currents magazine after my first cruise in Oct. 2005. I only get them 3 or 4 times a year. I have not seen coupons in them but I have seen past guest offers.

As far as getting a card with your number on it as stated by others no Carnival does not send you a card with your past guest number but my sister travels with RC and she has one with them.

We also got ours after our first cruise.

When they started the Fun Pass check-in I had problems with the number. Found out after looking at one of the magazines that they had my husbands first name spelled wrong - so the system was not recognizing him. Got that straightened out and everything worked well.

There will be past guest offers on a card tucked inside - no coupons that I can remember.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are sailing on the same line, yes. If you want to be certain, stop by the Pursers Deck and ask. Remind your TA or PVP that you are a past guest. They are one that should see to it that you are one the "party" list.

We sailed on Carnival in 1986, and have two cruises booked with them for this fall. I emailed them, asked for a past guest number for dh and myself - no reply. I called, told them I only had a photograph, dated, showing the ship's name, and gave them our pertinent information. Was advised to fax all that info and the picture. Did that. Still no word.

In contrast, we sailed on NCL in 1987. I faxed them a photograph of two wine glasses we bought on that cruise, which had the name of the ship on them, and received not only our Latitudes cards via email the next day, but a LARGE refund on the price of our upcoming cruise in May.

Makes me want to rethink these two Carnival cruises......

Becky and Sandy

Archived