Impressions of QUEEN MARY 2 and Photos

eroller

Dear Chuck and Phyllis,

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I truly think you will be impressed with QM2.

As for the pictures, I don't know what was wrong. Sometimes a server at the Fotki site where the pictures are located will go down. Keep trying and eventually they will come up.

Funny enough, you are just off VOYAGER OF THE SEAS and wondering about QM2, and I'm just the opposite. We just booked VOS for the 8-day repositioning cruise back to Miami on October 22. I sailed on VOS four years ago when she was brand new and was extremely impressed. In fact she is still the most impressive ship (physically) that I have sailed next to QM2. In some ways she is even more innovative. I'm hoping my cruise on her in October will be just as fantastic as the one I took when she was new. I know she recently came out of dry-dock so I assume everything is in good shape? Did you enjoy your cruise on her? I know there have been some problems with the new pier and logistics in Bayonne, but I'm sure those will eventually be worked out.

Take care,

Ernie

• 7 months later...

Enjoyed your review. I think I'm booked into a similar (partially obstructed) cabin on eight deck and would really like to view the photos posted on fotoki. It seems I need a password to view them. I would be most appreciative if you could provide a password to your photo file or give an alternate way for me to see them.

Thank-you

Rebecca

The Tandem(bicycle)tourer

Enjoyed your review. I think I'm booked into a similar (partially obstructed) cabin on eight deck and would really like to view the photos posted on fotoki. It seems I need a password to view them. I would be most appreciative if you could provide a password to your photo file or give an alternate way for me to see them.

Thank-you

Rebecca

The Tandem(bicycle)tourer

Hi Rebecca,

Please send me an email to eroller@fotki.com and I'll reply with access to the photos.

I'm you enjoyed my review.

Take care,

Ernie

Ernie, we were able to view the pics, thank you for the preview & your review of our crossing. We are on the Aug 9th at deck 6 outside and looking forward to it.:)

You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed the pics and review. Have a fantastic time in August!

Ernie

Friends of mine are sailing on the QM2 in February. This is their very first cruise and are so excited. Glad you enjoyed your cruise, but I do have a question for you that they asked me. They were wondering what the drink prices are like. For example, a Pina Colada, what would that cost? A typical beer, glass of wine. Anyone who can help?????

One other question, how do you know what excursions Cunard offers in the different ports? I just went to their website and didn't see any offered. Also, can you book them ahead of time or do you need to wait til you board.

Thanks in advance.

Drink prices on QM2 are pretty reasonable. Pina Colada's are around $3.50 while beers are $2.50 or so. Excursions are sent by Cunard as part of a pre-boarding documents package. Generally, you can't sign up for excursions until you board. But, this can be accomplished very easily from either your television set or by making a trip to the excursion desk, which I believe is in the Grand Lobby.

There was a recent thread on these boards detailing the cancellation of

San Juan from many of the QM2's current and future Caribbean Voyages. One of the posts includes a link to the Princess excursion page. Apparently, Cunard uses many of the same suppliers. This is a fine way to get a bead on future adventures until such time that your cruise documents arrive.

Cruiserking

Thanks Doone. The heck with counting the days, I'm counting hours at this point, 1200 to go, baby. Especially when it's 9 degrees out, a stroll across the promenade deck as we voyage across the Caribbean Sea, never sounded better.

Perhaps you'll do one on QM2 too Doone.

Cruiserking

Cruiserking, I hear you, its bitter here in Mass. as well. I am sailing on back to back cruises in March on Holland America, but perhaps one day I'll sail on the QM2 as well. She sure sounds and looks like a beautiful, classy ship with wonderful service.

WILL MARCH EVER GET HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice too, Doone. Back to back on Hal, huh? Which ship, where to?

Waiting... and waiting.. for March, no kidding. I find myself staring at the calendar sometimes trying to will the days along, hasn't worked yet. We'll have our day in the sun though, soon, Doone.

Cruiserking

Cruiserking, doing 7-days onboard the Zuiderdam, Half Moon Cay, Tortola, Nassau and St. Thomas. Then boarding the Volendam for 10-days, Half Moon Cay (HAL's private island), St. Marteen, St. Thomas, Barbardos, Dominica, Nassau, I think I covered them all. First time doing back to backs, kind of looking forward to it with this darn cold weather today, UGH. Want to come along, ha ha.

Doone - Zuiderdam and Volendam back to back cruise action very cool. I imagine you've been to St. Martin's before. I was there last year but we just strolled around Phillipsburgh, crowded. Thinking about heading over to Marigot this time around you been over there?
I hear it's nice, French Riviera type ambience. Is it worth a trip or is also over run with tourists.

Have you ever taken a jeep 4x4 excursion? If Hal offers one at the ports you're travelling too it's definitely a worthwhile adventure. Loads of fun and usually a rum soaked cordial along with the ride helps smooth out the off road portion. Hoping to sign up for one at St. Kitts.

Cruiskerking

Cruiserking, St. Martin, love it, haven't been there for a while, not sure what I am going to do there yet, still thinking. We're doing the cave tour in Barbados and the Emerald Pool tour in Dominica, still deciding on the other islands. Sometimes I just like to get off and walk around, have lunch or a drink in a local tavern, that's fun too. Thanks for the advice on St. Martin and the Jeep tour, will consider those. Enjoy your cruise.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='YvonneE']Ernie,

a password is required to see your photos ??

YvonneE[/QUOTE]

Hi Yvonne,
Just shoot me a quick email at [email]eroller@fotki.com[/email] and I'll reply with the password.

Thanks!

Ernie

• 2 months later...
[quote name='eroller']Hi Yvonne,
Just shoot me a quick email at [email]eroller@fotki.com[/email] and I'll reply with the password.

Thanks!

Ernie[/QUOTE]

Ernie, the pictures are wonderful....and quite helpful.

Your views of 8020 give me the feeling that an obstructed view is not so bad after all.

Thanks again.

Em

Dear Ernie

What a great re-telling of you trip. You certainly seemed to have had a great time. I thought that I had become obsessed enough to not miss anything that is posted in this forum so it was a delight to discover your missed gem:D .

My calendar at work is saying 64 days till we leave for Singapore and London. This is going to be the longest 64 days on record. Will just have to get all my show-tunes out and pretend in am in my cabin every now and then. (Can't believe they have show-tunes for selection!!!! ).

Once again, thanks a lot for taking the efford.

Archived